Sign in to follow this  
Ibtisam

Troll, Shah and Sheeko

Ibtisam   

^^Lucky you!!! Safe trip and beware of all the random guy wonders. Sheh will give you all the tips of how to get rid of them and where to go. smile.gif

There are four people following me on twitter. I have not said anything since I created the account! Maxey rabaan tolow?

W/salam

SeeKer   

lol @ twitter stalkers. Just bask in the fame hon.

I didn't know Sheh went to Turkey, as for guys I don't think I will have problems there lol. I usually have my face buried in a book or behind a camera plus I have a travel partner who ensures I keep to an itinerary so no chance of side trips icon_razz.gif

Ibtisam   

Unless your travel partner is 6.2 man you WILL have guys problems. It is a MUST, goes with the experience. :D

Sheh has been everywhere.

SeeKer   

Sounds like an adventure then! Speaking of unwarranted/unwanted attention I remember running across a website a few years back where women snapped photos of men who harassed them and wrote about the experience with details on where it happened. I thought it was innovative and smart.

Sounds like I should shoot Sheh a PM. Inshallah will do after Eid. Thanks smile.gif

Edit: lnd version of Hollaback- women against street harrassment :D

Ibtisam   

Works in the UK and western countries, but harrassment while trekking in no mans land wont help. In places like India and others all you will be doing is taking pictures (they will beg you to take their pictures and would think you want them if you took pictures) Lack of law enforcement. I remember once I was in a place called Chamundii and these guys started following me, so I went to a police offer, they stopped following me but asagii ya iga reeba afterwards!!! :eek:

No problems.

Women.

A law officer followed you? Ibti that sounds like the stuff of fantasy for many women. Lucky woman you are indeed. :D

Ist bad that am actually counting the days now?

Seeker- Turkey is a lovely place; you will love it + the hairy men that come with it.

SeeKer   

ewwww @ hairy men! Yuuuuuk! CL share tips if you have been there smile.gif

Ibti that sounds like a story for the books. I am off to get ready for work. Can't wait for tomorrow......my weekend starts!!

Ibtisam   

C&H, how are you> Are you still wasting away sis?

What happened? Bal share, I am still on that "but wa somali mode" :D

N.O.R.F   

Eldest daughter: Ooh look, the airport.

Me: Yes. Shall we fly off somewhere?

ED: Sure

Me: Where shall we go?

ED: Erm, erm, lets go to Sheffield.

Me: Ok, what about London.

ED: No not London. It's always windy and rainy but Sheffield is always sunny.

:D

Afur at an Afghani Restaurant. Should be interesting and heavy smile.gif

Ibti- Military you say. Hubba hubaa!!! Lucky woman indeed.

C&H- what do you mean by “ things I thought Somalis didn’t do”? when did Somalis become special and immune to what other communities suffer from?

Norf- how much did you give her?

Hello Ibti, no I'm not wasting away. I took your advice and I started eatings bowls of fruit. Maya, Maya arintaas kamaba hadli karo. My friend who is from Canada who was with me on that day is convinced that it is a Minnesota thing, not a Somali thing.

CL,

Somalis are a different species in my mind. They ought to be studied, me thinks.