Sign in to follow this  
Fabregas

London Somali gangs video be warned

The youths these days need direction, there is too much labelling too -- Somali youths lack proper role models to be honest, fathers missing, and mothers are worried about the next outfit they'll wear for the next wedding - our culture is internally doomed, its only a matter of time - and the wise are locked in forums and only words they spread to those we have the right path or have a sense of direction, end this divide between our youth, and reach out to them and give them words of wisdom.

Laba-X   

Younger Woolwich Boys...

Welcome to the South East.

I know almost all of the Somali boys in the video and see them everyday in Woolwich. The thing is they are not as menacing as they portray themselves to be - They are not bad kids at all, but are attracted to the glamour of street culure that seems to be sweeping across the country. They are simply in a state of delusion - a trend set across by the elders before them the original Woolwich Boys.

There is always negative media representation when it comes to Somalis - especially in woolwich. We've had Darcus Howe talk bout how filthy Somali were on Channel 4, also recently Woolwich Boys were said to be the most dangerous criminals in London, after the shooting of PC beshnivsky in Bradford. Does one shooting make an entire population of Somalis criminals? or is the media hyping things up as usual?

p.s Don't be shocked by the gun - its fake!

There is one SoL forumer who knows Woolwich more than anyone. Where is Winger when you need him!

XulaXu - you used to work in Filmworks, right?

WingA   

Dont worry, that artcle wont be there for long as far as am concerned.. coz its bu11shit..

BOB.. You nailed it with your response.. They are not gangsters..

one of dem is my younger brother.. its funny how some ppl up in here talk a load a non-sense.. i was laughing my A$$ off coz your so far from the truth.. Like animal farm said, They Need Direction and they can find it from so many places..

you can't blame parents for every action taken by a minor, we live in the westeren world and attend school for god-sake come on.. dont kids have the ability to learn?? course they do!!

Ebyan   

Most of these "gangs" are necessary. If the police aren't going to protect your area, you're going to have to do it yourself.

Mowgli   

Where are the parents? These kids are crying out for attention. They need dhaqan celis. A couple of Reer miyi clan clashes in the middle of a savannah/desert will scare the crap out of these little buggers.

Is Somalia the dumping ground for outta control kids? kashin walbo waa la gayna? If they kids cannot be controlled here, dumping them in Somalia and just leaving them out there will not change anything because the cause of the problem hasn't been solved.

People are different, some people are more easily led then others, the children are as much to blame as the families. Yes family as in the whole family. If a father is absent, then an uncle should step and take the role,if a mother is sick or too involved in her own life then aunt should be there. No one should be standing by in the sidelines saying, "its a shame hebel hebel turned out like that". You can teach a child right form wrong, but at the end the end of the day, you never know how they'll act once they're out of your sight.

Whatever the term used for these kids...it doesn't change the fact that they can be a menace as Xu said and that they are a problem that desperately require a solution.

^ You just told me all that is wrong and then said a solution needs to be taken. Point blank these kids need a scare in their lives. Wether it comes as 19 year old men in state prisons with 6'6 250 lbs tyrone or 5'11 adeer jamaac in Somalia you make the call. Would you want your kid pressured by Tyrone in the most awkward of places? I think not.

ElPunto   

Whatever reality or lack thereof the video shows - the blame heaped on parents by some is amazing. These 'children' are the most privilieged people on the planet - with access to abundant food, health, education and opportunities. If someone is 15 and older - one should have some idea of what is in one's best interest. At the very least - have some idea that gang culture, drugs and dropping out of school is not in your best interest. And what lack of role models is there? Western culture is full of rags to riches stories and improbable success stories - many of minorities and immigrants. These kids are just losers in the fullest sense of that word and the time to blame their parents for the mess of their lives is well and truly over.

^ Your parents supervision, care and over help is what shapes and forms individuals. When momma is at the local aroos or xaflaad and aabe is at the local mafrash. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OF THE KIDS? They will parent themselves?

NGONGE   

Not sure what seems to be the problem here. What wrong have these teenagers done (other than produce a silly video)? They look to me like perfectly normal children doing what children their age (and of their ethnicity) do.

How different is this to an MTV music video?

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Taako Man:

^ Your parents supervision, care and over help is what shapes and forms individuals. When momma is at the local aroos or xaflaad and aabe is at the local mafrash. WHAT DO YOU EXPECT OF THE KIDS? They will parent themselves?

Great. Barring that rosy scenario - at what point do you step up and take responsibility for your life? Or do you continue to blame your parents at 20, 35, 45 and 70? The key question is when do you become an adult - our religion says puberty. What do you say?

Fabregas   

@Ngonge, there is nothing wrong with th ciyaal in the video.They just like any normal urban kidz.But they somehow made it to the Metro and Daily Mail. The so callled gun is also fake.Anyway, there are some Somalis running amock in London and other parts of the U.K.

Some have blamed poverty and bad parenting.But i would say, somalis are well off and better clothed than their African Caribean and White working class counterparts.I remember some mixed race kids saw my living room with Fadhi Carbeed and they thought i was rich or something.Some of my friends who went off the rails had everything provided from them in their homes!Inshallah i will contribute more later.........