Sign in to follow this  
Hawdgirl

Somalis Drinking Urine in Drought!

We all change on the outside ninyahow. Hopefully the (good) core remains the same. I've no desire to have enmity with anyone, saaxib. Definitely not with mighty Alle-ubaahne.

With that you said, Alle-ubaahne has declared a self-imposing disarmament towards the peace-loving Castro and his Allies. This is a historic turning point between us, and we're marking it with alot of sky-shooting celebrations. :D

Baahne, give credit where its due as it were, i just find it hard to bare when you spew crap. otherwise i'll agree with ya - siyaasadna haka walwalin :D .

Originally posted by Castro:

How do you do it saaxib while still looking good?

quote:

if nothing else, we are to blame for not having a nation to atleast launch aid from.

A lot of good nationhood did for Kenya and specially Ethiopia. The poster child for African poverty, drought and starvation. Remember LiveAid and Live8?
:(yes yes yes i look good ... blah *spews on the feet of castro*...

Nationhood is interesting, 'cos the starving in kenya are the ethnic somalis, in ethiopia it was the ethnic tigre's which the government was fighting at the time and now its the eritereans that surprise surprise their fighting with that are starving.

and yes i remeber Live* what did u expect to come out of it?

Baluug   

No amount of change will happen in any African country with the way their gov'ts are set up to take the aid they receive from things like Live 8, and live large off of it, while the rest of their people they supposedly represent are starving. I really wish any country in Africa would have a gov't that cared and was sincere in it's representation of it's people, I don't care if it's Somalia or Ivory Coast(although I would prefer Somalia). People would then see how they could be living, but aren't because of their greedy rulers.

As for the drought and famine in East Africa, it is a sad, heartbreaking turn of events for a people who have gone through so much in their lives already, but insha Allah, it will be qeyr for them and may Allah SWT give them the ultimate reward for their struggles, amiin. I also would like to say I disagree with Alle-Ubaahne that this is not a punishment for Somalia's continued division and unrest, because Allah SWT wills for a people what He wants, regardless of their standing before Him. The punishment begins after death.

Ok first druaght is common in Somalia, but of course seasons are much drier and this is one in much harsher than others. But what will we do about it, write couple of froum topics on it that of course drifters to some other meangninless debate on why there is a druaght.

time we act, act we must.

How we do this, i have no idea but am sure there are Somalis on the ground that can set up sysytems to aleivate the stress this is causing.

So give money, ... as of today, my morning coffe money will go to good cause... trust me that will come to good tidy some over one month ...

So now give some charity names ..

Paragon   

^^^ I concur with you

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne:

This looks the last storm by which if we don't repent from our sins, it will contain the remaining of our race in open grave yards.

The above message is as impractical and unhelpful as it is betise and irrelevant. Practicality and objectivity require us to react and respond in the most effective manner possible, and to never damn or accuse those whom misfortune had befallen. Where nourishment and relief is needed, what has religiosity or morality got to do with it? Food and drink are of necessity and not religious superiority that is at best pretentious, and at worse, simply daft. One basic fact and logic remains: neither religion nor good ethics will feed you where one is at the brink of starvation. The burning issue is about basic neccesity and not about stup!d theodicy!

PS: Alle-Ubaahne, do you have helpful proposals? If you don't and you continue to throw condemnations at starving people, then, this makes me to seriously doubt the originality of your religiosity. PPS: What are SOL users going to do about this precarious situation our countrymen are faced with? Can we atleast commence discussion onto how we can be of assistance? Thank you

Paragon,

Saxib, sins bring about calamities soon. I was pointing out that if a society disobeys its Lord, then it faces the wrath of God. In the Qur'an, Allah (sw) says something in the line of this, 'surely, we inflict tremendous misfortunes and hardships on those surrounding you, and we substitute the various signs for you to be cognizent and heed for our warnings'. So, when I pinpoint the finger to general sins, it doesn't distinguish who is victim from who is not, but it could also mean that collective punishment will be inevitable if the majority don't discourage the sinful acts of others. Our Lord doesn't change a society unless it changes what is in it. That is true, especially, when we ignored all the prevelent signs of sins that are everywhere. If you deny that, then you are probably saying calamities occur for no reasons. And that could be in line with the popular sayings that the world is there by a chance!

By the way, gentleman, don't accuse me of something I didn't even mention. I was talking about religious superiority in any sense, I was basically connecting the links of sins and the consequences they come with. I think your haste judgement says alot of your level of Islam, but I advice you to learn and gather some evidences for your self as to how it pertains to the impact of sins in a Muslim society.

As for Mr. Jibis , lol, your disagreement has being reserved for some rooms, so don't worry about my reaction, our new and immaculate brother. :D