Sign in to follow this  
Jacaylbaro

Court clears woman in nude photo case

Dubai: A woman has been cleared of secretly taking pictures of her sister in the shower.

The Dubai Court of First Instance acquitted the 27-year-old Emirati woman of taking the pictures of her 23-year-old sister.

The woman's lawyer, Saeed Al Ghailani said: "The 23-year-old sister took pictures of herself and forwarded them to my client. My client discovered that her younger sister spent time chatting with men over the internet. My client posed as a German man and logged into the same chat room. The victim chatted with her sister [mistaking her as a man] and forwarded her own pictures."

The Public Prosecution Department charged the defendant with molesting her 23-year-old sister by taking pictures of her naked. The 27-year-old was also charged with breaching the victim's privacy by showing the pictures to their brother and threatening to publish her sister's photos online if she refused to date certain men.

The court dismissed the first charge but fined the defendant Dh20,000 after she was found guilty of the other charges.

She will have to pay Dh20,001 in temporary compensation to her sister. The court also referred the civil lawsuit to the Dubai Civil Court.

The defendant denied the charges earlier.

The 23-year-old testified that the defendant took pictures of her while she was showering.

"She promised to delete the photos after I asked her to do so. Later, I realised that she had downloaded the pictures on the computer and showed them to my sisters and brother. I once received an SMS from the suspect's cellphone threatening to show the pictures to my father. She also asked me to date men and when I refused, she e-mailed the pictures to my brother."

The initial verdict is still subject to appeal.

here

The woman's lawyer, Saeed Al Ghailani said: "The 23-year-old sister took pictures of herself and forwarded them to my client. My client discovered that her younger sister spent time chatting with men over the internet. My client posed as a German man and logged into the same chat room. The victim chatted with her sister [mistaking her as a man] and forwarded her own pictures."

Waxaan see u socdaan. Wax isleh iskuma eko. Carabta iyo qooqnimadooda maba ka dhamaato.