Sign in to follow this  
Somali09

APOSTASY - Leaving Islam

A child's motor and cognitive ability is not developed enough to make up their own mind on what they believe in let alone what religion to follow.

OMG, for real? Do you know the definition of motor? What is motor devolopment got to do with having faith? Waryaa stop copying and pasting. Using "big" words doesn't make you sound intelligent at all :eek: .

Mideeda kale(if you're Somali and can read Somali that is) Nac nacda is ka dhaaf. No one is urging you to come back to Islam or convincing you of anything. So you dont want to beleive? Fantastic!! :rolleyes: Now move on with your pathetic existance and keep reading trash to make yourself feel better :eek:

My beef with people who leave Islam is they can't stop talking, whining, wallowing about their choice :mad: :rolleyes: .

^There's need for validation and sense of belonging, something the gentleman here deprived himself, and the sad thing that's not cuz he left Islam that's denying him a sense of peace.

^All societies fall within the same parameters. Anyway,being gay or not is beside the point since behavior alone doesn't determine a person belief system.

There are people who profess Islam and yet claim to be gay. I don't know how they reconcile the inherent contradictions.

Abtigiis   

War adigu maad ka dhexbaxdid meesha ileen meel baan u socdaaye?

Bal raggan waa weyn ee maalin walba diin cayga meesha la taagan maxay u jeedaan?

It is perfectly fine if they don't believe in it, laakin why do they offend people and what value does it add to discuss one's faith if the faithful is not willing to do so.

Somali09   

I AM somali and an atheist. Being somali doesnt automatically make one muslim, I believe our people were in existance long before Islam came about!

So now being Atheist means being gay? Well in that case I should divorce my wife and shack up with a man!!! :D:D:D

Thanks for the laugh.

Somali09   

Its comical how religious people always assume atheists to be a "waste" or lack any purpose or direction in life just because we dont believe in an imaginary being in the sky.

I dont have to keep my lack of belief to myself, why should I?

You are free to express your beliefs (privately & publicly) and opinions derived from those beliefs and I believe I have the same rights to do so. I dont go around preaching people to give up their religion, I only encourage them to start thinking for themselves. I think one of the most saddest images (to me child abuse) is millions of children of muslim parents being asked to memorise the quran before they are taught their own languages and history let alone given the chance to develop reasoning ability.

It is true that science does not know everything about everything in the world. But that is one of the beautiful aspects of science, its hunger to discover the unknown. Scientists are making extraordinary discoveries everyday about ourselves, the world, galaxy, universe etc. While religion aims to hold back progress. It attempts to explain everything so we should not bother!

It seems to me that you are requesting proof that god himself does not exist, NOT the words contained in the Quran. Isnt the book his supposed words??? And if science can provide explanations (with evidence) to a range of things....say evolution or big bang, doesnt that discredit the quran and ultimately allah?

Putting aside the Quran, there is nothing that ANYONE can provide you to prove that God (the actual being) does not exist. Its a result of imagination. I can say there is an invisible tea pot revolving around earth, contrary to science. What proof would you need to disapprove my claim??

God does not exist because science has shown that his supposed words in holy books to be false!!!

Religious people have resorted to looking for God in the holes of science. For example evolution, we do not have the fossilized remains of every single animal to have lived but we have enough to support the theory. Same with our understanding of the origin of life and the universe. But when there is any holes in the current knowledge, you automatically shout....there you see! I told you its God!.

And as science keeps filling its holes by adding new knowledge, you keep moving this imaginary being to new holes. You will one day run out of holes to hid him - what would you do? Will you become a "waste" as us atheists? smile.gifsmile.gif

Being somali doesnt automatically make one muslim

Al-Shabaab disagrees with that :D

I dont have to keep my lack of belief to myself, why should I

Let's see you go back to Somalia and proclaim that, icon_razz.gif

God does not exist because science has shown that his supposed words in holy books to be false!!!

Dazzle us with how science squashed the idea of God so that billions of fools who believe religion could wake up.

I dont go around
preaching
people to give up their religion

But you are preaching and you sound little more fervent than my local Imam.

A&T...Everybody has the right to express their sentiments. I haven't read all the pages, but the ones I read, I didn't see anyone insulting Islam or Muslims.

Somali09   

And there lies one of the evils of religion - it always tries to impose itself on everybody!

If to you, by observing your faith YOU will go to "heaven" - isnt that all you should be concerned about?

Somali09   

After 10 pages of discussions, let me go back to the purpose of this thread.

I am interested in hearing from other atheists or agnostics or anyone who is questioning their religious beliefs.

If to you, by observing your faith YOU will go to "heaven" - isnt that all you should be concerned about?

NO.

I am interested in hearing from other atheists or agnostics or anyone who is questioning their religious beliefs.

Traveling on lonely road and looking for sense of belonging, you could have spared this rant about relgion and just call all athiests to represent icon_razz.gif