Sign in to follow this  
Cowke

Who Owns Tawakal Express and Telesom?

Saalax   

Duufaan , Telsom and Hormuud are two partnering companies but they are not the same, originally when Al - Barakat collapsed, half of the former shares were sold to some businessmens from hargeysa, while the other half remained with some mogadishu businessmens which became to be known as Hormuud.

Bar ama Baro.

RedSea   

Telesom=Owned mainly by Somaliland businessmen and stake holders from various areas and operates in all areas. It's also responsible for enabling the technological advances in telecommunication, it's perhaps the leader in telecommunication today in the Horn. But what kinda silly question are you asking the people? Are you now over seeing everything from pirate money, geela tolka to what ads certain clan sites have on their website? Waar wax isku hadh waryee!

Cowke   

Redsea to claim telesom is the leader in the horn you will need sufficient evidence.

I say golis is the best because golis calling rates are the lowest in the world. Below is quote from what the calling rates for golis telecom was in feburary 2010.

In hoos loo dhigo qiimaha ay ku hadlaan 27-kaas magaalo ee aan kusoo xusnay,guud ahaan qiimaha local-ka ee Shirkadana laga dhigo 2.4 Cents/daqiiqadi.

2.In hoos loo dhigo qiimaha Local-ka ee Landline-ka lagana dhigo 1.8-Cent/daqiiqadi,halkii uu awal ka ahaa 2-Cents marka uu wacaayo layn kale iyo marka uu wacaayo Mobilba.

3.In qiimaha lagu hadlo habeenki wixii ka dambeeya fiidnimadda uu noqdo 1.8-cent daqiiqadi,laguna caam yeelo yeelo Shirkadda oo dhan,halki awal uu ku koobna magaalooyin gaar ah.

1 week ago they updated it also reduced the calling rates but i cant find the article. So if the calling rates of any somali company can beat that please show me.

Plus the land mass golis works under 27 towns and expanding. Plus lets not forget their telecom puntladn and stg group which if thinks get nasty in this debate will be thrown into the mix so i can go 4 the kill

RedSea   

I use to go around town trying to locate cheapest phone card without connection fee to call my family in Hargeysa. For $5 dollars I use to get 30 min max on a good day. Now lets just say I can talk all nigh long for FREE thanks to Telesom those days are behind me.

Besides, This isn't a competition. This is basically me speaking from experience. You're welcome to believe Puntland is the center of the universe if you wish. I'm not quite honestly bothered by your existence.

Cowke   

Redsea can u not tell me your experience but prove the service they provide telesom.

1. Calling rates

2. How many cities do they operate in

I won't even need to get into the quality services because i am sure the telesom calling rates aren't cheaper then golis because golis has one of the cheapest rate in the world according to economist

RedSea   

It operates all across Somaliland both major cities and towns as well. And yes that includes areas like Las Anod and Buhoodle as well as remote Eastern Sanaag.

It's the leading innovator of Zaad service, cheap mobile phones as well as flat rate of $10/month for folks back home. So for instance my family back home have telesom service. They pay $10/month and the amount of time they can talk on their phone is unlimited. For someone who use to pay $5 for just 30 minute quick call means I have saved ton of money and able to call my family more frequently chat with them all night without the rush of that annoying lady "you have such and such minutes remaining" oh how annoying that was.

The reason they're successful is because of their core leadership group led by people of the faith. Waa company xalal cun ah. I like it.

Telesom tower:

http://www.ufeyn.com/imgDetails.php?imID=552

As for how much they charge their mobile users per minute. Your best bet is perhaps someone who lives in Hargeisa or elsewhere in Somaliland and has used their mobile service. I can't just pull stats out of thin air to up my region like you and your ilk. That is ceeb.

Cowke   

Telcom Puntland has implemented Landline Service in the whole Puntland cities with full of features.

The most important is that Telcom Puntland was the first Telecommunication Company that implemented underground Cable, which took part the city good-looking and quality Landline Service. In addition to that Telcom achieved a good reputation of its landline services.