Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Dubai Nomads

Khalaf   

I went to Dubai for two weeks this July with my moms……I love my mom….but never will I ever travel with a woman no disrespect…La ilaha illah….all we seem to do those two weeks was shop for dirac and gold….suq after suq after suq. How many diharms? Its 200 dihrams….thats to expensive….okay take it for 120 dihrams…no…ok take it for 100 diharams…..shit where is the set price….how u gonna argue 30 minutes just to buy something!

….and the heat shit I almost died…..it is the hottest place I have ever been to! As soon as we step out of airport the heat gives u salaam and smacks u in the face….and there will be undercover taxidrivers who are Somali that will take u to hotel so don’t worry if its your first time and u don’t have family, there are many Somalis….we stayed at City Gold good hotel I recommend it.

I didn’t like dubai at all…but I wasn’t having fun…but was being the bag boy for my moms….I took tour only one night….city looks much better at night and is better to enjoy it at night.

And Rahima Dubai is not that religious as compared to other “Muslim†Countries. I went to Jordon while back and as soon as the adan is called every shop closes for salat…..not in Dubai and Its much more peaceful I felt in Jordan….I didn’t get that Islamic vibe in Dubai....but its international city thou.

yo North good luck sxb….I don’t see why someone would want to live there…but many Somalis are buying real estate there and starting business….our people are everywhere walalhi working hard….Africa’s finest.

duabi.jpg

^^^^deathrow lol....walked there day after day with bags after my moms :mad: love u mama

DSC00421.jpg

N.O.R.F   

and there will be undercover taxidrivers who are Somali that will take u to hotel so don’t worry

lol, i was ripped off by one. He charged me 60 Dhs for a ride that should have cost 35 Dhs, only found out later :rolleyes:

ElPunto   

Does anyone have any first-hand intel on Al-Ain - ie. Number of nomads, quality of life, cost of living. Any info would be appreciated.

Originally posted by Khalaf:

I went to Dubai for two weeks this July with my moms……I love my mom….but never will I ever travel with a woman no disrespect…La ilaha illah….all we seem to do those two weeks was shop for dirac and gold….suq after suq after suq. How many diharms? Its 200 dihrams….thats to expensive….okay take it for 120 dihrams…no…ok take it for 100 diharams…..shit where is the set price….how u gonna argue 30 minutes just to buy something!

….and the heat shit I almost died…..it is the hottest place I have ever been to! As soon as we step out of airport the heat gives u salaam and smacks u in the face….and there will be undercover taxidrivers who are Somali that will take u to hotel so don’t worry if its your first time and u don’t have family, there are many Somalis….we stayed at City Gold good hotel I recommend it.

I didn’t like dubai at all…but I wasn’t having fun…but was being the bag boy for my moms….I took tour only one night….city looks much better at night and is better to enjoy it at night.

And Rahima Dubai is not that religious as compared to other “Muslim†Countries. I went to Jordon while back and as soon as the adan is called every shop closes for salat…..not in Dubai and Its much more peaceful I felt in Jordan….I didn’t get that Islamic vibe in Dubai....but its international city thou.

yo North good luck sxb….I don’t see why someone would want to live there…but many Somalis are buying real estate there and starting business….our people are everywhere walalhi working hard….Africa’s finest.

duabi.jpg

^^^^deathrow lol....walked there day after day with bags after my moms :mad: love u mama

DSC00421.jpg

Dubai is now full of Sasmalis..oh Somalis..when are they going back? smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif