Sign in to follow this  
Professor S

Who agrees with me?

NGONGE   

It's all to do with a silly thing called LOVE which women seem to suffer from more than men. They compete with other women to show and prove that their love for their husbands is so great they would do anything for him. The duties are the same, the enslavement of women is the same but this time, this time they're doing it to themselves. The whole thing seems to have gone full circle in a very short space of time. From being oppressed to being free and finally to "oppress" themselves in a desperate act of LOVE!

Heh. All those songs and poems always said love wasn't easy :rolleyes:

Curly   

I think that women should fulfil their roles, as soon as our men start to do what they're suppose to do!

Like be breadwinners instead of relying on the government and they should look after their wives and families by taking part and being there for them, instead of going out to cafes and staying out with their friends chewing khat and drinking tea.

Maybe then we'll do what we're suppose to do! :D

Jumatatu   

instead of going out to cafes and staying out with their friends chewing khat and drinking tea.

You are right from a point of view, but have u thought about the fact that they would have stayed 'inside' had the enviroment been more appealing than that he is fleeing to.

it takes two tango dear, you cant blame one gender on a faltering situation.

I say yes. A Womans responsibility is to clean, cook and stay in her house.

If she needs to get something outside, she shouldn't go without brother or father

Pal tell me when you find one that will adhere to this ethos......I think they r becoming extinct......

Liqaye   

Aeryn sun.

Mwahaha.

To troll or not to troll,

;)

And besides Ngonge whats love got to do with it?

Warmoog   

Professor S, you seem to be forgetting that the image of a Muslim woman who manages her "duties" is only one part of a larger communal and familial structure, which requires that all involved fulfill their duties in order for the society to be truly reflective of Islam. For instance, the Muslim man also has duties that he must fulfill as a husband, son, brother, etc. Unfortunately, guys who feel the need to constantly remind women of 'where their place is' continuously fail to balance their arguments by elaborating on exactly what kind of roles and duties they (as men) are expected to fulfill, if any. I don't mean to sound cold, but I've seen this kind of thread one too many times.

As far as a woman staying in her home to cook and clean, I have nothing against the idea. I also have nothing against the idea of a Muslim woman who works out of necessity. It's a matter of circumstance and, yes, opinion as Ameenah pointed out.

Blessed   

Aeryn Sun (love your new dirac ;) )

Gabadh, ha u bixin. I think these sorts of threads are manufactured to offend and draw some sort of negative reaction of us. Just like that annoying habit of theirs. You know, the one where they scratch their *ahem* in public. These Martians are some interesting creators, aren't they?

I suppose life would be dull with out them….

Ngonge

I disagree, as Liqaye says jacayl has nothing to do with it dearest. Well, not always anyway. It’s more a case of social conditioning, from the day we’ve turned 11 we’ve been groomed for becoming a good wife. Been told that taking bull is the best way of taming a husband. It’s not only Muslims / Somalis mind, you. The gaalos are at it too, through their representation of women through the media. It’s a global conspiracy, maaan!

I just wish they place as much emphasis on the role of father, husband.

N.O.R.F   

Lets just all do whats best for our wives/husbands/families, the rest will take care of itself,,,,,,

NGONGE Says:

They resist and fight but once they're married, they try to compete with their peers by becoming the best wife!

Inshallah brother, inshallah :D

Ameenah,

Thanx...am enjoying my spanking new dirac also. :D

About those martians...dont you think life would be oh so simple without them? I certainly do. Give me dull dull dull any day. ;)

*Singing*

Ohh, whats love got to do, got to do with it

What's luv but a second-hand emotion

What's love got to do, got to do with it

Who needs a heart when a heart can be broken!

:cool:

NGONGE   

^^^^^^^^The lady (ladies) doth protest too much, methinks. :rolleyes:

Contradictions, contradictions. You can never meet a woman without her contradictions. icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

This is a thread in a women’s forum about women for women. I don’t consider myself a woman (though if I were one I’m sure I’d be an irresistible, lovely, stunning and delightful sort of girl – alas, you girls will have to do without me in your midst).

My contradictions are all good, I’m told (See? Another dose of modesty lest you start thinking I’m being arrogant again). :cool:

Curly   

Luv I don't think you're arrogant....I know you are!

Anyways as for this stuff about you wanting to be a woman, really I think I should somehow warn our poor unsuspecting Mrs. NGONGE

So have you thought of an alias yet? I was thinking Nadia or even Ambro.

But before you do anything drastic dear please take the time to consider your ten children and poor dear old wife…They need a father and not to mention a Husband not a Somali version of Lilly Savage!

Hang on what am I saying! :eek: This is Haram…I know sometimes you may feel as though you should have been born a woman but Allah doesn’t make mistakes so get a grip!!!

:mad: