Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

How do you choose your friends? Rate them?

Khayr   

Salaamz,

You know I was thinking to myself the other day as to what type of friends I have now in my life and qadra Allah masha fa'aal I could only count muslim names and most of them are practising muslims.

Even at my current job, this pattern follows me.

In my old job, there were plenty of female friends that were around me and would invite me to lunch almost every other other day.

Now, I have cut ties with all of them and most female friends/acquaintances that I have.

All the people from University/High school that I had as friends (non muslims/not practising muslims) I've cut off too.

(I'm not snobbish or unfriendly by no means, so stop with the negatives arrows!)

I can crack jokes with them and all for a little while but I remember the hadith that implies that

a person will be with whom they LOVE and that your companions in this DUNYA will be the same in the Akhira.

Anyways, the point is how do you base friendships

and do you keep people around for long even though you are CHANGING AS A PERSON and they are still the sammmmmmmme person.

Do you think that your friends reflect

who you are?

Do you have annoying friends that PUSH YOU to be better? e.g. They nag to you about your lifestyle or your job or your family but only b/c they want you to be a better person-Confusing right :confused:

NGONGE   

Aaah, friends!

My candle burns at both ends, it will not last the night

But Oooh my foes and Aaah my friends, it gives a lovely light.

Everyone I know is an acquaintance, a colleague or an associate. My friends live a very long way away from me. I don’t even own a dog and my eyesight is too long gone for a book!

** Bemoans his old age and forgotten friends **

** Sobs **

dawoco   

Some time ago I broke off my friendship with a girl simply because she was too frivolous.

The friends that i have always kept around me have been the serious types that know what they want in life.

I am very easy going, but the "fun" people that are always going out and about to every given party have never been considered by me as more than acquaintances.

It's all about striking a balance between fun friends and true friends, isn't it? Because some friends can encourage you to do things that aren't in your bst of intrest just out of fun, maybe that is why I dont easily see the more out going type as a potential friend :confused: :confused:

Baashi   

Shimbirba shimbirkiisuu la duulaa!

U r right we r inclined to call friends with the ones we can relate to and with whom we have something in common. But brother don't cut anyone u know off call them colleagues, acquaintances, or "qof aan is naqaano" instead. Remember we are in the age of Networking and References smile.gif

As for me I don’t pay that much attention to the subject. I have old friends back in the days but unfortunately they don’t live in my neck of the wood. And even if they did I would not have seen them as often as I would like to as life is getting busier by the day with so many things to do and so much to accomplish. But I would love to sit down with them in a biibito and talk things over...sipping my fav cadeys shaahi.