Sign in to follow this  
pearl

Nayaaa!

pearl   

i have noticed that some sisters dont like being called naya from another nayaa :D ...i being one myself

to me nayaa..doesnt really mean anything ...i play around with that word all the time and some sisters get offended....i dont mean to offend..in fact i prefer for a sis to call me by that cuz it gives me the opportunity to call them something even worse...even that i dont mean to offend.... i just play around alot...but some ppl get really pissed off...

but 1 thing i'll never accept it coming from a bro..its like a white person calling me nigger..

--first i would like to know what is the difference btw naya and warya?

--to the sisters that dont like being called naya from another sis...i ask why?

--to the bros..how does it feel to be called warya?

to those that dont mind being called naya...i say to u....NAYAAA!. ;) .and dont be shy to address me as such...

x_quizit   

Naaya Pearl, great topic! ;)

I HATE being called naaya, not so much from girls but from guys!!!! It just has a disrespectful air to it, kinda like..."yo, slave"...so i get hives from the word...but girls saying naaya to each other, not a problem, its all in the tone u use it...but men usually use it to call u like ur a puppy waiting to get a treat from them..."naaya, xalimo, come here, whats ur name, qabil, blood type,etc"...annoying as heck!!!

salam

lol i think nayaa is a common word to us somali sisters one thing i belive is i dont care when a gurl callz me nayaa and when ever she does i repond back saying ya but for some reason when a somali guy call me nayaa i get offended and it happens most in my cumpus and the bad thing is we have different ppl in my cumpus more of them are african american let me just put it divert ppl so the worst thing is they learned the nayaa world and you will see a nigeria or ethopia guy calling you nayaa so i quit getting offended coz its spreading all over so i think its just a word and sister dont get mad when a guy call u nayaa just live with it but as long as he respect you the other way then thats cool. anwyayz thats enough takecare all.

Changed   

i would B!tch slap the guy that says nayaa to me ..I dont know why but i just get P!ssed off when i hear the word :D

from girls i think its okay, i call me friend naa halimo(picking on the name halimo again) ..i dont say nayaa i just say naa..same def eeeh

Bambina   

Salam Alaykum ,

Do the SOL girls think alike I wonder ? :D .I dont mind a girl calling me nayaa but she got be my friend first , cuz I dont see myself called nayaa by an unkown girl , let alone a guy!

OG_Girl   

girls I have to agree with u on that not to allow guy to call me nyaa but, what I hate most is when some people call me "warya". I am like do u see me a guy ? don't u see my skirt and my high heels? what kind of man who wears like me :mad:

salam

Som@li   

i don't mind being called Waryaa cuz i use all the time,, but there is something abt NAyaa,, it is too vulgar,,i also use sometimes waryaa for women :D

Haneefah   

Originally posted by miz-unique:

i would B!tch slap the guy that says nayaa to me

Totally! Huruufna waan ugu dari lahaa walee.

Arwa   

lol OG_G

you never seem to amaze me, you out of all people have this habbit of saying nayaa before even saying salaamz (you know where) ;)

Nayaa pearl, the word Nayaa is very relaxing to hear from a fellow Nayaa :D

Like the others noted, its not acceptable from a brother, although when they call you waryaa instead, it sounds to me that they acknowledged calling a sister Nayaa is not respectful .

I was going to say a famous line i use when i hear a brother say Nayaa...laakin i better keep it quite lol :D

Salaam

44.gif

Macalin   

to those that dont mind being called naya...i say to u....NAYAAA!. .and dont be shy to address me as such...

......LOL :D Naag WaalaN.....Very Inviting Laakin Yaa DOQON AH OO....sidaan looga daraya?

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by miz-unique:

i would B!tch slap the guy that says nayaa to me

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted By Nafisa:Totally! Huruufna waan ugu dari lahaa walee.

..............Not this LAKKAD!@ ;);) (**tapping Head with Index finger**

Mowgli   

Salaama Alaikum

lol mizz, didn't realise you had such a violent streak in ya

lakkad very intelligent answers...I knew there was a reason why i liked you :D

lol I take it am the only one here, but when I was a kid, hooyo used to call me waryaa lol, so I grew up thinking that all girls were waryaas and all boys naayaas lol big mistake! One day I was at my abtis house, out of all my cousins (5), I was the youngest and they used to beat the shid out of me all the time. Anyways my cousin (male, 3yrs older then me) must have finished his ice cream first and when his dad wasn't looking snatched mine right out of my hands...lol being 6 I started crying, and my uncle was like amuus abti, don't worry i'll get you another one...my uncle walked out of the room and my cousin started laughing at me, saying "naayaa your such a cry baby" lol I took the naaya as an insult, cuz i thought he was referring to my tomboyish nature, next thing I knew I just grabbed the fork that was lying on the floor, shouted "am not the naayaa, you are" at him and threw it right at his forehead :D (except it wasn't so funny, cuz all abti heard was me saying naayaa then saw his son starting to bleed). Lol it was such a bull's eye (13yrs on the scar is still visable), I was beaten more beacause of calling my cousin a naayaa, rather then actually throwing the fork...which I never understood till i grew older.

But as all have already said, its ok when a sister says it, but not a guy...but then again I never use the word naayaa, I always say "naa".

lol you guys heard of the phrase "shuume ii naagesate, narta ka nikniiki"? Or is that just me and my weird family again?

Ma'salaama

Salaan...

Most of you who complain about "naayaa" might not know where the word waraa originated from?

Waraa is for WARYAA. But we faaraxis are ingenious since we realized some faaraxis might mind to be called "waryaa," we then astutely dropped a letter from it--and hence waraa. "Waraa kaalay inta imoow" instead of "waryaa kaalay inta imoow." See the difference!

No faarax minds to be addressed waraa now.

The logic behind that is you girls need to find a way to circumvent that word. Perhaps naay would do since still "naa" didn't help.

x_quizit   

Miskiin, heres a novel idea, why not use the woman's name???? shocker!!!! After all, we are given names in order to be addressed as such, therefore, the word naaya should just disappear, and no need to re-invent a cute name for it.

p.s.-in Tdot, there is a store called "Waryaa"...sells clothes and other items, so they found a way to use the name and make it into a brand.

Cawralo   

Naayaa= hey woman.

The offending part of 'nayaa' is 'woman'. In a perfect world, being called a woman wouldn't be offensive. In a [male] chauvinistic world it is. Call me Nayaa anytime.