Sign in to follow this  
Valenteenah.

To do lists

Liquid Nomad: Thanks! :cool:

I don't have a 5 year plan. For me its just Que Sera Sera. I don't mean I have no ambitions, but I don't like to plan my whole life. It makes your world smaller, your life seems shorter and limited to your own grasp of the world.

Really, is that how you see it? I look at it differently. Goals (achievable ones, mind you) enable you to focus on what it is you really want to achieve. It doesn't have to be a long-term list or plan...it can be shorter; yearly or monthly for example.

I have a Things-to-do-today notebook for my work and I find it really helpful. I list out everything I need to do a day in advance and then try to complete all the tasks on the specified date. If I don't prepare a to-do list, I find that I'm not as efficient because I get easily distracted.

So, I'm guessing a longer-term list would work for me just as well, but I suppose it might not work for everybody (always depends on an individual's working style).

At the moment, I am working on a Plan for the next 2 years, which is going to be divided into three sections: Career, Personal, and Fun. The objective is to only list down things that are in my control, so marriage and kids are out already. :(

Miriam1   

^ hve a nice birthday smile.gif

I should start a book where I write all my "To Do's", their all on pieces of papers in my room, behind my textbooks. ITs very funny to see a to do list from highschool, or first years of univ.

Everyone should have a plan, or else how would you measure ur achievements.

I dont know about a 5yr plan it feels so limited.

I have plans according to my age...by my late 20's and late 30's and late 40's and late 50's and late 60's and late 70's. everything on my mental list should be completed, INSHALLAH!

My plan for my late 70's is the most important...to grow mango and bannana trees in my perfect garden.

^ LoL..that's quite endearing.

Zu, what happened, your lame camel finally died? You're two days late!

Career, Personal, and Fun.

Add Financial.

Cara.   

Yo, Happy belated Birthday, V. Time to start checking for gray hairs?

My goals for the next 3 months: Horse-back riding lessons, finish (publish) a paper, fly a kite at least once before the end of summer. I understand it's good clean fun.

Over the next 5 years: finish school, post-doc (preferably somewhere warm all year), get married.

Over 10 years: Does anyone really keep 10 year plans? Even nations stick to shorter timespans!

I find that as long as I actually take the first step towards accomplishing a goal, it will more or less get done. It's that first step that gives me trouble.

Urban   

i know its late but happy birth day Ahura..

and as for my plans...

nxt 5 years:

- do my best next year (my 2nd yr) in Uni and earn a top internship for the following year, hopefully in italy or germany iA.

- fulfill a lifelong ambition and become a top, respected, professional ********** ********. <---i dont really want to reveal it here. hope you dont mind.

- learn the Italian language.

Next 10 years: <--depends on how my 5yr plan goes. :D

- Get married and have kids

- clear all my debts

- By my mother a house and clear all her debts, without her i wouldnt be in this position

on going plans:

- memorize the holy Qur'an

- do something for the muslim Ummah and somalia, just...something.

- please my parents and make them proud

of me

- become a better muslim

thats it for now. Sorry for boring you all. :D

^ Amiin. Thanks Abaadir. Where is your list tho? Don't hold out now.

Urban and Cara: Waad mahadsantihiin. :cool:

Yahoo + Zii: I will be sure to remember you both if I win the lottery, I'A. :D

Cara, very clean fun indeed. The big things are great, but it's the little things that make the difference.