Sign in to follow this  
sweet_gal

Where are the scholarship

Some on told me to register here and that I'd find some scholarships, but apparently it doesn't look like this place gives out scholarships. For those of u who are in desperate need of money to continue ur education check out www.studentawards.com.

Bye

Miriam1   

Salam

Sis the website itself does not give out scholarhsips they just simply post notice's of organizations that give out scholarships.

I think the best place u can apply to scholarships for are to the universities ur applying to more of a chance i suppose.

Peace

Miriam1   

Salam

SOP bro u have to anyways endup paying it all back ..and its alot of money.Its better that honestly try ur best to attain some form of scholarship.Personally if i go for the Osap (faincal aid in toronto) it will be more than 40,000 dollars by the end of my education... they give u six months after u get a job to start paying after that period its with interest and its crazy interest :( .

This is my plan to take fiancial aid for a 1year and an amount of 13000 dollars which would end up paying for my next two years of school and for the next 2 years i would pay for it my self.

Peace

Peace

Ladiif   

Who said u have to repay FINANCIAL Aid?

You will repay any loans from banks even though ppl get it through their schools but you dont have repay any GRANTS(State, federal, pell grant...etc)

Miriam1   

Salam

Uum my bad..i was thinking in Canadian terms of Fiancial Aid..now i am not sure if there is that type of fiancial aid here.But I know if u live in toronto and most other provinces ladiff , u take some form fiancial assitance from the government and u do have to pay for it.

Peace

Honesita   

I usually check out fastweb.com for scholarships....but i'm too lazy to really apply for any of them cuz they need essays and stuff....!!! I currently get a scholarship from my college, and i'm tryin' keep up my grades so i dont lose it, and i hope i get another scholarship from the universty i plan to transfer to...!!!

SOP, Fanincial Aid has more requirements...!!! U have to be an eligibile citizen and they also look at ur income...!!! Pple dont just sit around, they work, and when they work and end up making lots of money, FAFSA decided they dont need help...!!! Plus, u need a grade higher than a D to get financial aid, ur gpa has be to above 1.0, other wise they'll take it away...but u'll still qualify for the grants...!!! That, or i might be wrong...!!!

Jawaahir....i feel sorry for ya folks in Canada.....the college tuitions r so high and admissions so hard, and on top of that the loan plus the interest....!!! I would be a dropout for sure...!!! Good luck though sistah...!!

Salaamz

THOSE SCHOLARSHIPS ARE SOMEWHAT LATE BUT U CAN ALWAYS TRY FOR NEXT YEARS DEADLINES...I MYSELF AM ON A FULL RIDE TO COME TO NORTHEASTERN UNIVERSITY.....ALHAMDULLAHI TO THAT AND IF ANYTHING MESSAGE ME AIGHTZ.....

GODBLESS