Sign in to follow this  
-Serenity-

Troll Corner

NGONGE   

After long thought and consultation with friends and family I have decided not to (willingly) set foot in Africa again. So, no, you can't go after me.

Anyway, I can't imagine going to Somalia as being a holiday, more like self-sacrifice really. You in a charitable mood? ;)

No am not, NG. My work-life is a self-sacrifice in itself; one at a time.

Got feedback re my CV- apparently I am TOO MODEST. What the hell do people put in these things? Some guy told me the same thing years ago and said I would struggle to get attention cause everyone else- including him- were exaggerating. Eg he has no degree but he says on his CV that he does!

Back to the CV exaggerating board!

Serenity, safe commute home, I'A.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

After long thought and consultation with friends and family I have decided not to (willingly) set foot in Africa again.

Waayo? It's not like you even had a traumatic experience in Africa like the rest of us. So what gives, Arab boy?

NGONGE   

Val, I love you because you tick the right boxes with me. You always pretend to be silly and dim when I'm around ;)

I told you I Don't. Like. SNAKES! There are plenty of the bloody things in Africa. I am not going there.

Traumatic experience? Ok!

I was watching Kill Bill 2 the other day (did you see that film?). In the film, there is a scene where one of the actors opens a suitcase full of money. He casually picks up a bundle of notes and starts counting it. The camera zooms back into the bag. A black mamba appears.......

Anyway, my traumatic experience involved me jumping of the sofa so fast and banging my head against the wall as I tried to run out of the room.

I'm going to use a thesaurus for all the action words in the CV and find the best sounding, most powerful nuance of each word that I can find. I am not going to say I was nearly a NASA astronaut but my bad knee stopped me from sitting in cramped seats for too long(that happened long ago and is irrelevant to the jobs I'm looking for anyway) smile.gif

Cara.   

Ngonge, why don't you like snakes? Did you get bit by one? Did it slither out from under a rock on a dark dark night and strike you as you innocently answered the call of nature? Did it hiss, or did it hypnotically sway to and fro, or did it rattle its tail? Were you paralyzed with fear as the moonlight glinted off its wicked fangs dripping with venom?