Sign in to follow this  
ADNAAN

What do you think about Auditing?

ADNAAN   

What do u think about ACCA qualifications for auditors. Couldn't find a lot of info on how good they pay.

I think in the states its known as certified public accountant.

cpa is a higher position than auditing in usa. auditors make less money that cpa since they havent passed the certified public accountant exam.

cpa holders are the highest paid in accounting professions.

Khayr   

Auditing is a tedious and tiresom job.

CPA designation is rare to achieve. You have to the right will and aptitude for it.

The pay with a CPA is considerably more. With a CPA, you can be the boss. Without it, you will just end up doing journals and auditing.

N.O.R.F   

Adnan, if you're an accountant you should go for your accreditation/chartership. Do it from the start of your career as it is easier to start. It is difficult to do it after say 5 years as you're routine is well defined and finding the motivation may be difficult.

On a separate note I find auditors are a pain in the back-side but they do make you keep your files in order smile.gif

ElPunto   

Originally posted by Khayr:

Auditing is a tedious and tiresom job.

CPA designation is rare to achieve. You have to the right will and aptitude for it.

The pay with a CPA is considerably more. With a CPA, you can be the boss. Without it, you will just end up doing journals and auditing.

Auditing is tedious and tiresome but that is not all CPAs do. The CPA designation has pass rates of 50% according to this. I'm familiar with CA designation in Canada and the pass rate is 60%. It is not that rare.

I would advise you to get a recognized designation and then you can work anywhere in the world.