Sign in to follow this  
Baluug

GETTOSTAR

Baluug   

I was on AllSafari website and watching videos they have on the site. I saw this video by "Gettostar" called "Mamma",and that is a good song!!So is the other track after it.So I was just wondering,do they have a CD out ,and if so,where can I find it?And where are they from(I mean which country are they in right now,I know they're from Somalia!!)

there is a shop in wembley, where all the somali shop's are which copies CD's for real cheap; they copied it for my sister last week, along with tracks from king khaladi, but can't remeber what their CD is called;

there is also a shop in beckton; again no idea what the shop is called; hey at least u know what area's to look in now smile.gif thats if ur even in london

Baluug   

Originally posted by Final_Say:

hey at least u know what area's to look in now
smile.gif
thats if ur even in london

No,sorry,I'm in Canada.Guess I'll have to bite the bullet,buy a plane ticket,and fly over to Toronto and stop by Somali Hall of Fame....but seeing as I can't afford it,I'll just watch it on the 'net for free!!

Fyr   

These guys currently reside in Sweden and I’ve only seen 2-3 video of them on Tvsl in Stockholm. They seem to have few singles out to my knowledge but not in any stores I might add. You can try to email Tvsl and ask them for the other videos they might just have it.

good luck. ;)

Hey Liban, I was looking for King Khalid songs online for a bit now, until I came across your link to allsafari.com, they actually have the entire album. Just wanted to say thanx for the link.

This so-called Khaalid singer is stealing others arts. In that first album of his, three of his core and popular songs are straight rip-off, including Keenee, keene gardaran (which was a popular song in '80s) and Nagma

The latter is originally sung by a Jabuuti fella, with its all original smooth voice copycatted.

Miskiin Macruuf, I don't know why you are so bitter towards the King.

The man has a voice aad umacaan, he looks macaan, for a somali singer.(which is alot coming from me)

The three songs you are referring to, he put life to those old songs, and because of him, I listen to somali songs.(I never did listen to a tune on my own before the king arrived, much less anything somali)

Quit hating, u and I both know the man has vocals that can weaken your knees.

PS: According to a friend of mine who happens to be a singer, 80% of the songs belong to hassan a. samatar, one way or the other. Majority of these so called artists are copycats, I don't see why you are singling out King Khalid on his own.(maybe u agree that he is macaan)

Salaan...

Lazie, I am not against him. In fact, I do listen to his album wherever I can. And as you said, he has had given a new spirit to old, long dead songs.

However, I can't forgive that particular song of Gabaryahee gartaa...keenee, keenee gardaran being butchered. I mean, this song, I can't help it, it stuck in my mind and the original (which was a longer version) is so smooth that this guy butchered it so finely. Even the singer who sung it originally was complaining about him not paying a due coutesy a couple months ago from Xamar.

Anyway, I agree he has a considerable voice if only uu heeso cusub soo saaran lahaa, that would have been another story.

Baluug   

Originally posted by LayZieGirl:

Hey Liban, I was looking for King Khalid songs online for a bit now, until I came across your link to allsafari.com, they actually have the entire album. Just wanted to say thanx for the link.

You're very welcome,LayZie.

I knew this was a danish website,so I kinda figured they were in some scandinavian country.I just can't get the song outta my head.....

"Mamamama maaa maaaaaaaa,mamamama maaa maaaaaaa....."