Sign in to follow this  
QUANTUM LEAP

Somali and Arab cliche

Chimera   

Originally posted by QUANTUM LEAP:

The exodus and the self denial continues.

Those that deny there not Somali are in a minority but there is a group who state there ''Somali'' but were taught myths of ancient patriachs coming from the Arabian peninsula and state this aswell(despite genetics debunking it), why would you call this self denial? when these myths are recorded as having actually circulated in the past centuries in Somali society

those that were called Germanic Barbarians in the past are today allowed to identify themselves as Hellenes and latins yet Somalis who have no history of Slavery enforced upon them by the arabs but on the contrary have a long tradition of trade and peacefull interaction are being told ''arab'' is ''bad''??

I reject this cowardous approach from people thinking they have the right to question my identity when they in most cases neither speak their native tongue nor know where they came from, people that have a colonial language as their official language let them fix these problems first before they question how Somalis identify themselves.

Thousands flee the Somalia every year as refugees to live work abroad and become citizens of the country that welcomed them.

They are willing to endure any hardship, travel any distance, suffer humiliation at the hands of cruel hosts and feel the pain loss of their children, husbands and wives and most of all pride. They are the heroes of selfless sacrifice, sending millions of dollars back to their families

Incidentally, these millions are keeping the Somali families a live in a sea of political corruption and destruction.

and who says they don't belong to the second group i mentioned in the beginning?

A lot won’t ever go back and a lot more will never know the proud nation that was once Somalia.

Are you saying these myths were created in the last 17 years but were nowhere to be seen in the 60s/70s/80s?? :rolleyes:

Many more too hide under other pseudo tribes like the Arabs and even believe to be part of the Middle East. Now if that aint total humiliation then I wouldn’t know what is?

What do you mean? our proud nation that was once Somalia (to me it still is) was part of the middle east and used these connections to it's advantage

The Arab league so far hasn’t done anything to help other than fatten some War lords who in turn ostracize their people using these funds.

the fact that you isolate the A.L but ignore the real demons like the US and UN tells me this post of yours is nothing but grabbing anything you can use for your crusade and throw it at the ''arabs'' because you most likely dislike ''arabs''

Infact one has to just look at the fate of the Palestinians who are true Arabs and among Arabs and yet who the hell cares about their plight.

Who the hell cares about the non arab Kasmiri's?? who the hell cares about the non arab chechens?? who the hell cares about the non arab darfurians?? who the hell cares about the non Arab chinese muslims?? why do Somalis not care about the people of SomaliGalbeed??

let's not pretend that todays muslims have ''muscle'' like they had in the past, this incompetence is not a ''Arab thing''

Somehow I don’t see myself as an Arab nor do I even look like them.

again ''Arab'' is a linguestic (heterogeneous)term; the Arabs of Syria do not share the same ''Y'' lineages as the arabs of Yemen

We need our pride back and we sure need to advocate for it.

you can start with the reconstruction of the bio's of the many Somali heroes and heroines like Xawo tako and co who were neglected even in Somalia's stable era

The only thing we share with them is Religion anything else is hmmm well I wouldn’t know.

that is enough!

All you have to do is look at the Somalis who have lived in the Arab world and how they eventually get uprooted despite having grandchildren born there.

What do you call Dubai? and the Somali business that line the streets of the main million $ shopping centers?

again you ignore the real attrocities today being committed by non arabs in non Arab countries

Somalis have lost their value as citizens and with that comes a lack of confidence which is seen amongst many as they claim to be what

statistics please! and not hearsay dogma

they are not just because of the ruthless destruction of the nation that was once proud. National pride wears thin when poverty, corruption, harassment, political stagnation, violence, luck of funds and life-time unemployment are all that awaits them in Somalia. Once abroad, with decent wages, they work hard without complaint. However with this status quo comes the lack of confidence in being what you are and you eventually start adapting other races that happen to be successful in their country and help themselves.

your contradicting yourself, weren't these the same heroes that were supporting their people back in Somalia?? that's more than what most non-somali ex-pats living in foreign countries would do when they arrived there

We feel we want to belong to those races just because what is Somali today is seen as failure and that inherent now.

No that's you projecting your own insecurities at Somali people, from Japanese to Chinese to Malaysians and Turks who i chat with all see Somali people as honourable and proud people, why do these unnecessary thoughts circulate in your mind bro/sis?

Carabta ha laga baxo just like the Muritanians did ,,,, and even Libya

they value nothing to themselves let alone others ,,,,,,,,

Fabregas   

Arabs(pale skin ones) treat Africans like dirt, so what? Look how we treat Somali Bantus in Somalia, it's probably worser than the treatement they get in any Arab country!