Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

Amina Mohamed of the WTO: Ethnic Somali?

I think some of you Sujuis would know. Is this Kenyan Ambassador/Rep to the World Trade Organization an ethnic Somali or from another ethnic group (indian)? Just wondering. She surely does look Somali and she is carrying a Muslim name.

She is the head of the selection committe that will pick the next WTO chairman. Good to see a sister "doin her thang" as they say in America. :D

p1_24Mar04.jpg

32.jpg

"Lamy, the former European Union trade chief, was followed by the foreign minister of Mauritius, Jayen Krishna Cuttaree, and Uruguay's former ambassador to the WTO Carlos Perez del Castillo, said Amina Mohamed, Kenya's ambassador to the WTO and head of the election process."

"Ambassador Mohamed is a graduate of Oxford University and was Chairman of the International Organization for Migration in 2003, and Coordinator, in 2002, of the WTO's African Group, of which 41 nations are members."

http://www.cityu.edu.hk/slw/WTODR/24Mar04.htm

underdog   

Yeah, she's Somali. I believe she also holds the position of Kenyan Ambassador to Switzerland. Ms Amina Chawahir Mohammad.

Also MR. MAHAMUD MOHAMED MAALIM, AMBASSADOR for Kenya to Egypt

Juxa   

^^^^^^^^ positive change, she looks somali, smiles like somali,,,,,,,,,hope she is somali, does not matter whether somali kenyan or not.

Krupt33   

I know she is somali because she has that somali forehead. LOOK at her forehead and you too can tell that she is somali...

Originally posted by Haddad:

Unfortunately, she wouldn't have reached that position if she had been a muhajibah.

-------------------------------------------

are you saying..that HIJABEES reach nowhere and someone must get semi nude to reach that level.. smile.gif..Western mentality..

Look at the picture of the United Arab Emirates Minister for Finance..Sheikha Qassimi..A hijabee..

Yacni Hijabees don't reach anywhere..Only semi nude like AYAAN HIRSI who pasted quranic scripts on her naked body..Acudhu billah..reach the sky..

ati ..Western mentality.. smile.gif

Haddad   

Originally posted by The Rendezvous:

Look at the picture of the United Arab Emirates Minister for Finance..Sheikha Qassimi..A hijabee..

That cannot happen in Kenya, or even in a secular Muslim country like Egypt or Turkey. It could happen in a country like Iran. My point was, it's highly unlikely a muhajibah would hold a higher position in a secular or predominantly Christian country. Such Muslims in higher position often have to compromise with the teachings of Islam in order to be accepted within the environment they work.

It is a small world... I met a fella the other day..and while we were talkin..the above mentioned lady and told me she is his cousin... first cousin... how strange..

yep..She is Somali..pure somali...

I thought I may add that to it...

Cheers

nuune   

^^^^ thanks Zu xiang sxb, it is good to know, I knew she was hundred percent Somali when i looked her face,

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

It is a small world... I met a fella the other day..and while we were talkin..the above mentioned lady and told me she is his cousin... first cousin... how strange..

yep..She is Somali..pure somali...

I thought I may add that to it...

Cheers

Sijui or not business.. smile.gif