Sign in to follow this  
Intel

Euro 2004

WingA   

why do u always have to player hate man?? lool, swallow ur pride and support ur boyz man.. theres one thing i cant understand, your a footie man aint ya??

i swear, i watched a MLS game and it seemed like a Div 1 game but i needed to watch..

so, are you telling me England has no chance of sucess this term??

I am bro Italy all they way :cool: . Man they should deport my un-patriotic *** out of here :D .........(i would be willing with the right types of finicial inducments)

I just cant see england getting through to the business end. I mean they have got the French to begin with for one thing.

WingA   

and is this the italy that struggled in the group stages and who did they draw the other day mate??

i keep remembering the Final of 2000 and all i see Del boy missing and that crapy Delevicio coming and then there hearts were broken in half..lool..

Intel   

I hate to say this but i have a feeling this is gonna be Englands Tournament, lots of good young players

i hope i'm wrong.....

Henry wary of fatigue

The team who can win Euro 2004 will be the one with the freshest players

Arsenal and France striker Thierry Henry

Thierry Henry is hoping France do not suffer from the fatigue that affected them at the 2002 World Cup when they compete at the European Championship.

The striker has inspired Arsenal to the top of the Premiership and last 16 of the Champions League.

But he is worried tiredness will prevent him from firing on all cylinders in Portugal.

Henry told Uefa's website: "You need to be fresh. At the 2002 World Cup so many great teams went out early."

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has rested the 26-year-old when possible, but Henry is likely to face a hectic season run-in as the Gunners chase silverware on three fronts.

He added: "The likes of Italy and Argentina, as well as France, looked like they couldn't play the ball they were all so tired.

"The team who can win Euro 2004 will be the one with the freshest players. It makes such a difference in this kind of competition."

Henry hopes Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka will join him in the French squad in Portugal.

Anelka eyes France return

Anelka has been out of the picture since falling out with coach Jacques Santini.

But Henry said: "I know Nicolas and I know what a shame it is for his career that he is not in the national team.

"I don't know what is going to happen but I hope they sort it out between him and the coach. Things look quite good."

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Who agree's??

Thats a pretty lame excuse to make for the supposed bigg teams poor showing at the world cup no?

france, argentine n italy and spain included.

Lets hope there is some football played this time. I certainly enjoyed the african nations cup much more than the last world cup.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Anelka eyes France return

Anelka has scored six goals for France

Manchester City striker Nicolas Anelka has revealed that he would like to return to international football.

The 24-year-old suggested last year that he would not play for France again after a row with coach Jacques Santini.

But he is looking for a possible return for Euro 2004 and told French newspaper L'Equipe: "I want to be a French international again.

"When you get older, you change, and you grow up. I never closed the door to the French team."

Santini has recently been hit by a five-match suspension handed to striker Djibril Cisse after his dismissal in an Under-21 fixture.

That means Cisse cannot play at Euro 2004 until the final, which means he is unlikely to be named in the squad for the finals.

Cisse would have been the most likely replacement for first choice strike duo Thierry Henry and David Trezeguet.

But Cisse's absence could pave the way for Anelka to return.

Santini will announce his squad to face Belgium in a friendly international in Brussels on 18 February next Thursday.

And French Football Federation president Claude Simonet has recently hinted that Anelka could be set for a recall.

Should Santini accept the wayward striker back into the fold?

From TM - Host

Have your say on 606

But when asked on Friday if Anelka would be selected, Simonet said: "I'm not the coach.

"I'm president of the federation and I delegate my powers to the coach so that he can do his job properly.

"If at a particular time it seems to Santini that Anelka is indispensible, that is a problem he will sort out with the player."

Anelka made his last of his 28 appearances for France in April 2002 against Russia.

The Manchester City striker enraged Santini by declining a call-up to play for the national team against Yugoslavia in November 2002.

Santini had asked Anelka to join up late with the squad as a replacement for the injured Sidney Govou.

Anelka further riled the coach by saying that Santini would have to go down on his knees to lure him back.

But the 24-year-old has now admitted his actions were wrong.

"I can understand that Santini was hurt by my comments," added Anelka.

"Now the easiest would be to discuss with him and see how he sees things. If I have to tell him something I will do it face to face."

If da refs dont screw around wit Italy then they have it Azzuri all da way. To all u ppl that think Germany is gonna win it plz they aint even the best team on their group da Czech are