Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

New Years Resolutions

Khayr   

Salams,

I was looking for a thread with the above title but haven't found one.

Inhsallah, I have two new years resolutions in the immediate work. One of them involves not trimming my beard until it grows the allowable length by the 4 sunni fiqh madhabs-a handful. Meaning, gripped by the entire length of the hand. Anyways the niyah for this is because it will inshallah get me away from thinking about the dunya and mundane issues, and concentrating on my salvation.

Another resolution is to minimalize listening to

SECULAR MUSIC i.e. Hiphop, reggae, egyptian and somali love songs etc.. Subhanallah, I never realized how much damage it could do to your soul until I was going through some of my old tapes wherein I found some parts of islamic songs and khutabs deleted with some hiphop or R&B tunes. These tunes, the more you listen to them, the more you become a part of them. Its like something whispering to you in the morning and by night time you're convinced that the whisper could do you no harm and your start to head to where its been suggesting to you since the morning. Before you know it, you're somewhere in the evening were you where against going-in the morning!

Question-If you any of you fullfilled a new yrs resolution and still have kept it to this day in the past? What are your new yrs resolution and how do you expect to keep them? What do you hope inshallah that that resolution will lead to?