Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Vent Room... Let it out what pisses u off about Somali people!

Hibo   

Hibo, You are asking us to accept your culture change, you shameless existance and constant embarassment to us? no place in Islamic History or Somali History have we heard of women mingling with men in eating places. You are in a stray, you are not cool or hip or even independent from Somalis so revise your acts before it is too late sister.

Okay let's sing kumbaya

kumbaya my lord kumbaya

Let's geer our attitude and anger towards something like the jews, not each other.

Nomads i don't want to have flashbacks of January 1991, not another civil war. Give thanks and praise Allah for your life and for your loved ones.

Peace in Palestine, Afghanistan and most definetely Somalia.

Mr.Jibril why do you feel the need to insult our Somali sisters both blatant and indirectly. Islam is our religion and it is a well known fact that there are people who do practise and there are those who don't practise,However no one is perfect including you. I suggest for you to look at your own flaws and try to improve them; instead of dwelling on others.You said men and women don't inter mingle in islamic countries thats plain nonesone I lived in both Somalia and an arab country and from what I know they do inter mingle. Did you know that they have strip clubs in Saudi Arabia? And Somalia isn't even a religious country it is moderate! Certain gatherings like ruwayads weddings even sporting events men and women inter mingle with one another, I recently visited Somalia Mogadishou to be exact and surprisingly enough the boys and girls were just like westreners.Do you think if Somalia was an islamic country that followed the sharia that people would be killing each over qabil or looting money and raping innocent women I doubt that.The problem is the whole labeling issue if we didn't have that in our society we would be fine but then again life can be a ***** sometimes.Getting off topic though I would like to point out a couple of things so you could better understand what I mean by labeling.Somalia like any other nation has a double standard between men and women for example I had this uncle he was an alcoholic went clubbing fornicated and so on he felt as though he wasn't doing anything wrong simply because he was a man mind you he didn't pray or fast during ramahdan. He told me men can do whatever they want, and that women were second class if thats the case why does it say in the Quran Heaven is under your mothers feet " a woman ". That double standarad isn't going to protect you from the hell fire trust me it won't. Here is probably the most common type of labeling in the somali community "QABIL" it's great to know what your roots are and where you come from but when you use QABIL as a cause to fight thats a problem. N e way I should stop writing now I think I wrote too much for you to read and you are probably bored out of your mind right now.... I hope you take into consideration what I said.

To all the Somali ladies out there "keep ya head up"

[This message has been edited by Swaleh Omar (edited 04-09-2002).]

Hibo   

To whom it may concern...

To the las poster,

Man! you are not getting my point at all.

Hibo   

Looks like one of our problems, as Somalis is miscommunication. We don’t always; try to think before we say anything! Sometimes mistaken statements can be harmless and even funny, other times they can cause a lot of damage and heartache. The intention of the thread was basically to talk about what annoys any of us about Somalis but somehow this was hijacked by other ideas. Instead of just saying what makes you feel like puking about certain people it ended up becoming a battleground of the sexes. The ladies here had got the chance to get even with some of the men they hated and ofcouse the guys too got their own back. Now that should have been named the battle of the Sexes. I think it should've been more appropriate if it was named the battle of the sexes. That way one could say anything about women that they hated and the same would have applied to the ladies too. No holds barred as they say.

------------------

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._

`6_ 6 ) `-. ( ).`-.__.`)

(_Y_.)' ._ ) `._ `. ``-..-'

_..`--'_..-_/ /--'_.' ,'

(il),-`` (li),` ((!.-` S-h-a-q-ss-ii

Hibo   

Mr.Jibril....wait a minute! Somalis whether back home or in Qurbaha, have always been eating together in the restraunts, why makea fuss out of it now?...My change in culture, yes I have changed n have adopted the norms of this society that I live in. Yet this does not mean I have abandoned my believes altogether. Somalis have always been known for exeggaration n u r doing nothing else but that when u argue. Did u take a minute outof ur little time, to comprehend right what I have written down...or r u just picking on the first two sentences?? Learn the difference between religion n culture. when we look at our culture, there is nothing in there that is ISlamic as far as I am concerned...we all claim we muslims,yet only a small percentage practice the religion right...so don't come here n lecture about religion n culture, when u can't differentiate between the two....

Omar: thnx bro...tell them like it is!!

------------------

Each one of us is a masterpiece in progress

Hibo   

***************DELETED****************

critically analysed

loser4life,true to the bantu begining

[This message has been edited by Admin (edited 04-09-2002).]

Hibo   

is this china, i'm already censored,dude i only said the truth, that somalis used to mistreat us the bantu's in somalia(do u have a problem with that,) and there's no end to the stupidity of somalis,not to mention the degree of primitivity that's common with each and everyone of them.all i did was to put the somalis under the scope and ofcourse what else do you expect me to say apart from showing the somalis the light that is arrogancy and ignorancy is root the cause of the somali instabilty both in somalia and in the diaspora.

loser4life,life simplified

critically analysed, true to my roots and color

Salaan...

Loser:

I thought you were driving your truck somewhere in some state, not in somaliaonline.com. Where is it, man? Did they fire you? Or layoffed you? Kamoon, poor brother. Do not vent your anger against us only you lost a mere job.

You know what I am gonna do? I am going to call Purolator and fill a racial complaint against them. Ooooh, it wasn't Purolator, sorry. I already sent my fax.

Macsalaama!!

Hibo   

Hibo, i can see from the way you put your sentences together, i see one confussed sister, thats all. Well you seem to think you are on the right path but Somalis say "wadar iyo waaxid kee waalan". What you are going through isn't something new to us, but we have seen many go through it and realise their mis-conception of their own poeple and culture. You need a mentor

Hibo   

Mrjibril: I am always open to opinions bro.. as long as they rn't baised. Secondly, I am sure u won't be a good mentor coz u r not objective enough. Thirdly, my ways of life is called personaly choice, it has nothing to do with my family, friends or even somali society for that matter. As for what I do, I don't see anything that isn't somali in my behavior... Do me a favor, instead of "nacnacleen"...finger point, what it is that I do which isn't somali?

------------------

Hibo   

I just want to add that I'M FED UP with the menu in every Somali gathering - Hilib + Bariis + Maraq cwm23.gif

Hibo   

Commonsense: maybe its time u gave ur commonsense a lunch hr break..it seems exhausted!

Athena: that is the way to go around it ...yeah me two its time we became more creative with the ways we cook....even our clothes they need styles...the world brings out different styles to wear, yet we only change the prints not the style, ...what do u girls think???

------------------