Sign in to follow this  
Crystal_Clear

Shisha iyo *********

Taliban   

Originally posted by Jacaylbaro:

I should answer your question:

YES it is true everything is Halal unles it is proven Haram ,,,,,,,,,,

Good answer. Now, support your answer with Sharia'.

Ibtisam   

Add to my last post:

"What Allah has made lawful in his Book is halal, and what He has forbidden is haram, and that concerning which He is silent is allowed as His favour." (19:64)

The principle is that what is not explicitly prohibited as haram in the Quran and restricted, they should be allowed without restriction.

You can also read Yusuf al-Qaradawi's book 'The Lawful and The Prohibited in Islam (Al-Hala wal Haram fil Islam).

Happy?

Ibtisam   

Have faith man, He has his evidence, he will turn up any minute now and say okay, the evidence is here, i was wrong, and the truth always knocks the false out :D

Taliban   

Originally posted by ibtisam:

Happy?

The Lawful and Prohibited in Islam, Yusuf al-Qaradawi

The Consumption of Harmful Things is Haram

A general rule of the Islamic Shari'ah is that it is haram for the Muslim to eat or drink anything which may cause his death, either quickly or gradually, such as poisons, or substances which are injurious to health or harmful to his body. It is also haram to eat or drink large quantities of a substance if large quantities of it cause illness. For the Muslim is not entirely his own master; he is also an asset to his religion and his ummah (the Muslim nation), and his life, health, wealth, and all that Allah has bestowed upon him are a trust with him which he is not permitted to diminish. Says Allah Subhanahu wa Ta'ala: And do not kill yourselves; indeed, Allah is ever Merciful to you. (4:29)

He also says: And do not be cast into ruin by your own hands.... (2:195)

And His Messenger (peace be on him) said: "Do not harm yourself or others.'' (Reported by Ahmad and Ibn Majah.)

As an application of this principle, we may say that if it is proved that the use of tobacco is injurious to health, it is haram, especially for a person whose physician has advised him to stop smoking. Even if it is not injurious to health, it is still a waste of money, spent neither for religious nor for secular benefit, and the Prophet (peace be on him) forbade wasting of property. (Reported by al-Bukhari.) This becomes the more serious when the money is otherwise needed for the sustenance of oneself or one's family.

Link

Happy?

Ibtisam   

^^that was not what i was objecting to, i have no issue with what is written above. My ealier comment was to your demand of proof that spinning around is hala. Why must we play these games??

This is why i never visit the islam section, too many people talking different languages about different issues :rolleyes:

All the same yeah i accept and i'm happy with that.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Taliban:

quote:Originally posted by Violet:

You're pretty amusing..You want me to provide you with a fatwa on twirling around?? Please tell me you're kidding.

No, I ain't kidding. You claimed it ain't haram, which means it's halal. All I asked was to corroborate your claim, and the only way to do that is with a fatwa.
This place is turning into a wretched nursery these days! I'm struggling to find one juicy topic to participate in or even just enjoy reading. Something has to give, babyface. :mad:

Taliban   

My ealier comment was to your demand of proof that spinning around is hala.

Indeed. I have asked for proof to what the poster claimed about smoking shisha not being haram; such a claim warrants a proof. It's not like smoking is a matter or an issue that slipped a ruling from fiqh.

May be we should arrest Taliban then we can all laugh and have fun ,,,

There are only individuals here; I don't see here collective "we."

Ibtisam   

Indeed. I have asked for proof to what the poster claimed about smoking shisha not being haram; such a claim warrants a proof. It's not like smoking is a matter or an issue that slipped a ruling from fiqh.

Again you are confusing me with the author of this thread. My comments had nothing to do with smoking shisha. Perhaps you should read what I wrote rather than making your own assumptions of what you think I said. Anyway I don't see the point of arguing backwards and forwards if it does not benefit either one of us, so I’ll just let it drop.

Taliban   

Again you are confusing me with the author of this thread. My comments had nothing to do with smoking shisha.

Quite the contrary; I am not confusing you with anyone else. This was your last comment:

Surely, in the above quote, you're talking about proof that smoking shisha is halal.

You'll realize when i call the police

That supposed to scare me?

Ibtisam   

Violet Said

Why would anyone smoke Shisha? Does it even get you high?
Just twirl around for a while, you'll feel high for a bit and guess what..it aint haram and it won't cost you a penny

Twirl around on he spot, i.e. spin around, i.e. waareegaso

You said

Where's the fatwa that says it's halal?

Violet said:

LoL. You're pretty amusing..You want me to provide you with a fatwa on twirling around?? Please tell me you're kidding.

Hence my comment about spinning around to feel dizzy and high for few seconds instead of smoking shisha.

Again you are skim reading what I said and assume I was talking about a subject I was not.

Taliban   

Again you are skim reading what I said and assume I was talking about a subject I was not.

If that's how you sum it up, fine. The bottom line, fiqh has a ruling for what harms, intoxicates or twirls around the mind. Besides, the effect of smoking shisha is similar to twirling around, which is what the poster was alluding to.