Che -Guevara

Erdogan says Somalia has invited Turkey to explore for oil in its seas -NTV

Duufaan   
11 hours ago, Oodweyne said:

Hello Folks,

I hate to bring to speedy and decisive end to all this sort fantastical jamboree welcoming the prospect of Turkey in general and Sultan Erdogan in particular, drilling oil in Somalia. But I must say that won't be happening any time soon. And the reason for that is that Uncle Sam (US) won't allowed it.

And Uncle Sam (US) won't allowed it for the simple reason that the only justification in which so far the Trump's administration (and the State's department number two guy, a chap by the name of Mr Nagy P. Tibor, who is Assistant Secretary State For African Affairs, along with the US's Pentagon who has "military's assets" in Somalia) are supporting the failing FGS is that the long coast-line of Somalia's Indian Ocean coast should be free of China. Free of Russia. Free of Turkey. Free of Iran. And finally, it will be "reserved" only for the oil companies in which the US will be happy to see them drill oil in those off-shore's areas.

And these companies will be US's based large conglomerates, like Exon-Mobile and others of that sort from UK and France, such Total, BP, or Shell, which in turn can be allowed to do that. But not any company from Turkey or anyone from China. And before some of your illiterate ninnies in here of SOL retort back at me and, say, well, Somalia is sovereign state who can in turn enter any "commercial contract" with any one we like, I will say, please, niggers, do not go there. For that will make me laugh in rather uproarious manner (no less), indeed.

There are no "free lunch" in this world (as our Galbeedi keep always reminding us in here of SOL, since he is fond of saying that). And by that I mean the reason the Obama's administration had accepted to "recognize" Somalia's FGS back in 2012 was precisely so that US's oil companies will be first in the line to drill the off-shore (alleged oil) of Somalia to exclusion of every one else, especially the likes of China and Turkey.

It's the reason that the US brought the likes of Ambassador Donald Yamamoto from his quasi-retirement from US's diplomatic service, just so that he can in turn "Sheppard" this sort of thing, diplomatically and strategically, from the UN's security Council (UNSC) to all the way down to the conclusion of having an embassy in the "Green-Zone" of Mogadishu without the likes of the Chinese taking any cut of any lucrative kind from Somalia's oil which in turn could be going.

It's the reason the "legal case" that is the dispute between Somalia and Kenya over the contested sea's areas between the two nations will be settled, quietly, and will be done outside of the International court-room without the average citizen of Somalia being any the wiser of it at all.

This is uncle Sam (US) at his best when it comes to the sort of the "nifty diplomatic footwork" he does it, from time to time, particularly when it comes to getting on his hand in any would-be loot that could be going on in anywhere in the world, specifically, if on the other hand, the US's government had already "bought" that State (like they have bought Somalia so far) with "military foot-prints" and with "diplomatic support" of the government of that country.

There is a deadly Geo-strategical competition between China and US for various African's real estate (otherwise known as Sovereign African's States). And the US is most certainly not playing around to settled for the "second position" when it comes to winning that competition in Africa against China. Which means they will keep any "Real Estate" in Africa they got (read that as free and alleged independent states in Africa). And they will then proceed to challenge the rest of it against the Chinese if on the other hand the Chinese are looking favorably to win the "political patronage" (or tutelage) over that specific states in Africa.

And in the case of Somalia, you could lie to yourself about you being a sovereign State who can make its decision independent of every one else. But, I am afraid, that is a childish dream. For Somalia is bought and paid for "Real Estate" by the US's strategical interest. Or you could say that Somalia is in that Uncle Sam's tutelage column. And they will not allowed the likes of Turkey or China to get a cut out of any would-be future "benefits", that can be gain from oil extraction once the place gets to be stabilized in the next ten (10) years or so.

Of course, US could loose interests along the way, particularly if another administration comes to power in Washington, and if that administration were to say lets cut our loses out of Somalia and leave the place well alone. But so far the US (from Obama to Trump) had pursued a consistent policy of ensuring that Somalia, particularly its long Indian ocean coast line, remain a US's purchased territorial real estate, regardless of the notion you may actually think that this long coast line in the Indian Oceans really belongs to Somalia.

It's a same "strategical policy" in which the then Bush's Senior administration (between 1989 till late 1992 and in particular during the "operation restore hope" time) had pursued before the then Clinton's administration abandoned such US's strategical policies towards Somalia in 1994.

Finally, we shall see how Turkey gets to be side-line from this sort of a deal without too much wordy or shouty arguments being heard from Uncle Sam (US). And the beauty of it all is that it will be the same leadership of Somalia who will be told in no uncertain terms, that, the likes of China and Turkey are expressly prohibited in getting on in any oil action in Somalia's long Indian Ocean's coast-line. 

And of course, such a low-caliber leadership in Somalia in which they currently have, who are in effect beholden to those who provide their security like Uncle Sam (US), given that US and the West in general pays the money and provide the logistics of the AU's peace-keepers in Somalia, will follow in total and in both the letter and the spirit of the "policy dictation" that is likely to be forth coming from Washington, where the alleged oil of Somalia is concern. And who has the freaking right to drill this stuff in the first place.

Is this something you wish not to happen. Just few months ago, you was arguing that Jabuuti was in trouble inviting both China and U.S.A in same place. Somalia is much bigger country than Jabuuti or Qatar and not many Somalis care about who pay for AMIZON. In reality the only Somali politicians care about is who pays the running cost. Do not rely too much about Math Bayden and foundations. This is  a nomad site, do not bring here  the mentality of  house nigger. Turkey is in moqdsh and they will not go any where.

I don't know but this very thought occurred to me,  wallaahi few years back.  Handing everything (and I mean almost everything) over to the Turks until we recover consciousness. 

To the naysayers,  we are lucky we have partners in Turks, not to mention the gesture of brotherhood Tayyip has shown us in 2011. 

Oodweyne   
8 hours ago, Duufaan said:

Is this something you wish not to happen. Just few months ago, you was arguing that Jabuuti was in trouble inviting both China and U.S.A in same place. Somalia is much bigger country than Jabuuti or Qatar and not many Somalis care about who pay for AMIZON. In reality the only Somali politicians care about is who pays the running cost. Do not rely too much about Math Bayden and foundations. This is  a nomad site, do not bring here  the mentality of  house nigger. Turkey is in moqdsh and they will not go any where.

Duufaan,

Dear ninny, they say in some rarefied snobbish quarters (which I tend to agree with them on the whole) that it's best to remain silent and let others to think of you as fool and the worse of it than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. And I distinctly remember that one, once I have read your spleen that has no reason or rhyme to its name in which it could recommend itself to others with it. Moreover, given that we are talking about you, a dear illiterate waffler of the mean intelligence sort, then I very much doubt that you could construct a coherent argument, much less said about knowing when to shut up and therefore not expose your limitation in this way. Hence, without further ado, let me show you how even the oxygen you breath is really wasted on you. So let me say this, on a point by point basis:

Firstly, you talked about the "mentality of house nigger". But I fear you haven't been to study in any length of this concept other than cursorily hearing about it. Hence, a house nigger mentality is concept of a "hapless creature" who needs others to make a decision for him or for them. Or at least it's concept of "delegating" one's responsibility to others to manage for you. Consequently that begs the question, that says looking the present day Somalia (and looking at her through the prism of its sordid history since 1991) wouldn't you say that if ever there is a place in the Somali peninsula where such "low-self-esteem-mentality" were in action, then it was none other than Somalia where every leader wants someone else's money and their soldiers to help him govern his country for him, without doing anything for himself in the first place.

No, mate, such a low self-estimation is not something we in Somaliland actually suffer from. In fact it's opposite of it, mind you. Which means, we actually think and we believe that we are capable of achieving great many things if only the world decides to removes the diplomatic shackles they had placed on us at the behest of that failing state call Somalia.

Second, you talked about Somalia not caring about who pays the bill. But that is patently false argument, since the very soldiers that guard Somalia are send there at the behest of the UNSC and it's the legal certification of this outfit that ensures that Somalia can actually have a forces large enough to secure it, which is not something the likes of Qatar could do it. And if Turkey could do it, then they would still have to have the "consent" of the same members of the UNSC. Hence, even without their money the members of the UNSC (particularly the western's ones) actually govern Somalia indirectly, through James Swan and Donald Yamomoto. Incidentally, do you think that it's just coincidence that it's "two Americans" who make the political whether in Somalia? Or are they per chance part of a larger plan conceived and being implemented by the yanks? Do you see any Turk's diplomat who will be allowed at all to rule Somalia, even indirectly, at the behest of the UN? You really are trying my patience, mate, particularly through your obtuseness.

Third, you talked about Turks building road and some infrastructure. And then that is to you enough reason to which to write home about it in terms of the ability the Turks have to go and get dig up the oil in Somalia. Hence, all I can say in here is that if you really think that drilling oil in a offshore basin in a troubled and contested country has the same political, financial, geo-strategical, legal, and military implication as that of building the road connecting Mogadishu to Afgoye, then it's best to quit arguing now really. Since from this point onward, you will only get for your troubles nothing but a contempt at worse of it, or pity at best of it.

Moreover, to believe that the likes of the US will "consigned" Somalia's Indian's Oceans long coast to Turkey's tender mercies, or to Turkey's benefits under its present regime, when on the other hand, it's the US who actually ensure Somalia to have a fighting chance since 2008, shows how little you know of how much US have "invested" in Somalia. And that started when the first US-approved patch of AU forces arrived. And, of course, it has to be said that ever since then the US's drone tactical forces have been at it in "containing" the Likes of Al-Shabaab. Hence, for you not to know any of it is scandal, really. Since you actually live there in the US. Would it kill you to actually learn a bit more of your adopted land (i.e., the land of the Benjamin and the Home of Trump's derangement syndrome). Particularly how it does business, how it treats its interests when it's in competition with others. And you really should know all of that before you actually detain us with your odious empty waffle. If, however, you want I could even recommend you a lots of reading list to do. And to boot, I could also give you a weekly pop quiz about US's foreign policy in Africa, in each Friday evening in here (free of charge) if you are eager to learn.

Fourth, you talked about how Djibouti is faring in its "estrangement" with the US, and you seemed to have insinuated that all is fine under the Djibouti's sky and therefore the "implication" you are drawing from it being that the likes of Somalia will not be that much effected if they were to fall out with the US. And in here, it only goes to show you how you really are all at sea. And I say that since you don't seems to know how the US is systematically and gradually "squeezing" the Djibouti from the living day light out of it for some time now. And that has been the case to the extend that, IOG, (the chief mafiosi of the of the place) was actually forced to keep on "leaning" onto the Chinese's side, to the point that now China will own Djibouti in perpetuity. Just so that Djibouti can escape the "ratcheting-up" of the pressure (i.e., financial, strategical, political) in which Uncle Sam (US) seems to be applying to Djibouti for its "decision" in choosing to side with China in the use of its strategical ports against the Yanks. 

Finally, mate, you really, need to stop wasting time in here. And go learn the things you wish to debate others with. And then come back to us, say, in one year (1) or two hence. Given that now you have chosen four (4) points at most to make your argument, and every one of them was either false, or perhaps you were't even aware of how some were so "ironic" that it ought to be the case you shouldn't be making such point, since it contradict inherently the very argument in which you wish to advance. And here you could see for "reference" your first point about "house nigger mentality" as a "concept" and how I actually showed you that it basically applies and it fits in snugly and to a tee to the very "political elites" of Somalia. Not those elites who are from Somaliland.

Good night, mate, you really are a cretin of the most uneducated, incurious, deeply ill-informed sort, that I ever had the misfortune to run into. Particularly one who is completely out of his depth about every subject-matter he wishes to discuss with others with. And yet here you are forever shooting the breeze with all manner of cobbled together nonsense without even having the most basic "self-awareness" of knowing of how you have no idea of what on earth you ought to be talking about it in the first place. 

1 hour ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

I don't know but this very thought occurred to me,  wallaahi few years back.  Handing everything (and I mean almost everything) over to the Turks until we recover consciousness. 

To the naysayers,  we are lucky we have partners in Turks, not to mention the gesture of brotherhood Tayyip has shown us in 2011. 

Too late now.

Ethiopia and Eritrea are the national guard against Turkish.

Farmaajo missed the opportunity to have 20000 regular 2000 special soldiers trained equiped by Turkish quietly. Instead he went to Addis and Asmara and was told to stop andything Turkish and he did.

Turkey was second to China in Ethiopia 2 years ago. Now Turkish if at all are only active in Afar and Tigray. In Amxara they even burned Turkish investments.

The Jdibouti formula is the only one that works at this time.

Rent rooms next to each other to America and China. Priceless. Maybe India and Pakistan will be next. India for sure is coming to Djibouti. Japan, Germany, Saudi Arabia, Britain..are already there.

Somaliland should rent rooms to Russia and Britain that way UAE will not oppose.

11 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Ethiopia and Eritrea are the national guard against Turkish.

Can you elaborate on this? I fail to see the muscle that these two countries have to prevent Turkish influence in the region.  Unless other powers are using them. 

13 hours ago, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Nothing wrong with this. Turkiga has proven themselves inay Soomaaliya maalkooda, dhiigooda iyo xoogooda galiyaan without expecting anything back. Safaaradooda weyn ku taalo degmada C/casiiis haddaa aragtid safaarad la mid ah inay ku taalo Afrika ma moodi. Dhowr marna lug ayaan ku agmaray and it is safest part of Muqdisho. Ditto to Isbitaal Digfeer, a very modern hospital Soomaali kii dhaqaalo heysta iyo kii kaleba loogu adeegaayo, many of them iska bixin karin qiimaha are forgiven their debt. I have visited it many times since a relative of mine lagu qalay isbitaalka, sidaa moodaaye si ka casrisan ayaaba loo qalay.

And not to mention that training military base of theirs. Markaa diyaaradda Muqdisho ka dageyso aad saarantahay one can't stop but wonder how much it costed to built and the large land it sits on.

MMA what I don't seem to understand is why some not all Somalis seem to see the Turkish involvement one sided, meaning only Turks benefit which is not true.  Prior to 2011 no one entity,  be it private or governmental will bother risk any investment in somalia.  I think generations to come should be taught how turks came to this country's aid when she needed most. 

On 1/24/2020 at 6:51 AM, Dhagax-Tuur said:

Can you elaborate on this? I fail to see the muscle that these two countries have to prevent Turkish influence in the region.  Unless other powers are using them. 

Both Ethiopia and Eritrea are American assigned and in Trump's way UAE/SAUDI financed. The Arabs pay and America gives tasks. The Arabls also give Ethiopia and Eritrea assignments as long as it does not conflict with America.

Example: Arabs/UAE was so enthusiastic and chest pumping to crush Djibouti. America senate had designated Djibouti risk to national security, UAE had Eritrea on the ready. UAE spent billions in Ethiopia. They all tried nothing worked.

Now the Saudis are back in Djibouti. That was funny. UAE is billions out and nothing to show for it.

Eritrea has to stop Suakin/Sudan and Ethiopia has to stop Somalia from any Turkish plans.