Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Hospital baby snatcher is deported from UAE

N.O.R.F   

09_ae_baby_mohammad01_4.jpg

Hospital baby snatcher is deported from UAE

By Bassma Al Jandaly, Staff Reporter

Sharjah: A woman who kidnapped a newborn baby from a hospital has been deported, according to sources from Sharjah Courts.

The source said the woman, who worked as a gynaecologist in a private hospital in Sharjah, tried to kidnap a newborn from his mother in Al Qasimi Hospital while she was asleep.

On December 2 last year the woman went to the hospital during visiting hours and stayed there until the morning when she kidnapped the baby and put him in a carrier bag.

The woman searched numerous rooms before selecting an Iraqi baby, identified as Mohammad Eyad Kadhim.

She was spotted by nurses at around 4am as she tried to run out of the building.

When they questioned the woman as to what was moving in the bag, she broke down and the nurses called the police.

Earlier, Sharjah Sharia Court sentenced the 30-year-old Indian woman to six months in jail to be followed by deportation.

However in his defence the woman's lawyer asked the court to transfer her to the Al Amal hospital to evaluate her mental health because she was suffering from psychological problems.

He said she was under pressure from her husband because she was sterile. However, the court rejected the request stressing that the woman was not suffering from any mental problems and that she was responsible for her actions.

The court stressed that the woman was working as a doctor and it was unacceptable behaviour from a physician.

The woman's advocate appealed the verdict. On June 20, the Appeal Court in Sharjah rejected the case and upheld the lower court's verdict of six months imprisonment and deportation.

The woman served her jail term from the date she was arrested on December 3 last year until June 3 in Sharjah Central Jail.

The child's father Eyad told Gulf News yesterday: "The incident has affected our lives and my wife Azhar is constantly worried for our son. But we are happy that our son is back with us. He is eight months old now and is growing fast."

gulfnews

Thierry.   

Northener I will tell you what there isnt alot of news going on in the UAE the fact that the big headline is a women who abducted a baby 8 months ago tells me its a very safe place to be.

mind you I felt the same when i was there last year. the big headline of the month was a cornershop fire in sharjah.

here in london rape, stabbing, gun shots, child abuse, anti terror raids and Galloway the man are a weekly event.

Miriam1   

^ or perhaps its just selective reporting...

Lived in an arab country before a young five yr old girl was molested by a shopkeeper in the neighbourhood..it was huge, since the family came and beat him to a pulp...he was deported...headlines? none. watsoever.

Modesty   

When I was in the Emirates, I didn't speak arabic so obviously I didn't know what the heck was going on in the news. Alot of rapes here and there, but most of the ppl there are foreigners, so they don't want to get deported.Actually, when I was in sharjah, I met this emirati (loaded) lady who expressed her distaste for Indians, and she felt they were "taking" over her country. I think she is right.

Alright Northerner,THATS IT! stop these endless DUBAI threads will ya? :D

I know you are suffering from a serious and cronic case of FWS[Football Withdrawal syndrome],But sxb naga aayar these Hizbollah like rockets of threads concerning dubei,lol icon_razz.gif

Btw,how you like the sweltering 100F heat and the islamic feel?

Originally posted by Brownie:

Alright Northerner,THATS IT! stop these endless DUBAI threads will ya?
:D

Btw,how you like the sweltering 100F heat and the islamic feel?

Yeah, they wear like that even in cold countries..why should you look at sweltering heat only

Yeah, they wear like that even in cold countries..why should you look at sweltering heat only

Umm..err what do they even wear in the cold countries? :confused:

I am looking at the swealtering heat becoz its HOT? :confused: . Just a wild guess btw

NGONGE   

^^^ They don't 'cut off' hands in Sharjah, saaxib (or at least they never used to). It’s a very nice city and one of the safest in the world. Still, even the safest place in the world can’t stop mental people from snatching a child or a teenager from causing a deadly car pileup.

N.O.R.F   

lol, brownie fair enough.

Its funny how you read a woman getting rid of her new born in an airport toilet by throwing him in the bin and then read of a baby snatcher who did this act due to her inabilty to conceive in the space of two days.