Sign in to follow this  
lulla

Types of Love

lulla   

Romantic love --this lover thinks constantly about the loved one, is jealous, unrealistic, will tolerate anything, is sexually attracted by physical appearance, needs repeated reassurance he/she is loved in return. Typically lasts a few months or a few years (some anthropologists say it lasts 4 years, i.e. until the baby is through nursing and can walk and run. Then the love bond releases the more powerful males to find another female to impregnate with his genes.)

Best friend or companionate love --this lover enjoys the companionship and intimacy of a close friendship. It is a comfortable, slowly developing, trusting, committed relationship, not intense excitement, desperation, or sexual obsessions.

Unselfish love --the lover is devoted and self-sacrificing to the loved one, gives without expecting anything in return, is gentle, caring, and dutiful.

Logical love--the lover carefully selects the "right person" logically, looking for someone with compatible interests, similar education and religion, a harmonious personality, common values, and long-term goals.

Game-playing love --this person may be charming but is hardly a lover; he/she merely enjoys the dating game. He/she relishes the meeting, the impressing, the seducing, the challenge of a conquest but usually makes it clear there is little or no long-term commitment to the other person.

There are other kinds of loves and lovers, of course, like the one who searches for a physical ideal--a great body or some specific bodily feature--or the one who is so possessive he/she wants to control the other person and gets physically sick or depressed or does foolish things when the relationship seems threatened."

Macalin   

lulla.

interesting.

where do our grand parent's love fit in here,.

i may say am in the borderline of best/frend something else.

lol

Pujah.   

Hmm...I think I am all of the above...depending on my mood ofcourse ;)

our parents fell under the Logical love if my memory serves me right they never dated ...they sort of selected the right person and proposed mariage!

Hanna   

looool @ lulla sis that's some funny analysis of love where do you fit though

I am somewhere between logical and unselfish love ;)

Baydan   

Compasionate-Love..I'm feeling that one. It sounds very calming serene trustworthy earthy realistic and fullfiling -mentally. Okay why did I let him go lol Seriously..this sounds wonderful. Most marrieges that last long are based on this stuff.

Oocyte   

I am for Companionate Love.. It suits me more. After all I define Love : Honesty, Knowledge, Trust, Care, Respect, and Faithfulness.