Sign in to follow this  
BOB

A Letter From The Somali Youth.

BOB   

To: Somali Elders:

For 14 long years we have followed you faithfully, listened to and held on to every single word you uttered, we held you with high esteem and we always rushed to your side every time you needed an extra hand but today we want to tell you what we think of you as a person and everything you stand for.

You have been lying to us, deceiving us and misleading us by telling us nothing but sick lies, you corrupted my soul by reciting to me the devil's book of philosophy, you handed me a rifle and told me it's ok to kill and rob my neigbours, you encouraged me to shoot my childhood friends, you made me despise everybody who was not my clansman, you said it's ok to rape and abuse the defenseless women who were mothers, sisters, wives and aunts of scholars, poor men and those of learned men and the Doctors, yeah the same doctors that rush to save my life every time I am hit and the teachers that taught me how to recite the holy Qur'aan.

You made sure that I was always intoxicated with cheap booze and drugs, you manipulated me and took advantage of my naivety and at times I felt like you had a leash on me, yeah I have been your loyal dog who looked after your interest and defended your name with my own dear life but today I know you are nothing but a greedy son of a evil.

You told me that I belong to elite and a superior clan and the rest of the Somalis were my inferior, how can I be superior to my own brother and sister as we are all brothers & sisters? How can I be superior when the I am inferior to my peers from around the world as I can't even read and write my own name? how can I be superior when I am a refugee queuing for a maize, yeah the same maize that grew in every open space back in mother Somalia? How can I be superior when I live on hand outs? I take welfare for God's sake and you want me to believe that I am a superior?

If killing and dying for my STUP!D tribe is so righteous how come your son is no where to be seen? How come he isn't beside me fighting alongside me? is his life worth more than mine? is his blood more valuable than mine? Oh, I get it, he is your son and you don't have the guts to tell him the same lies that you tell me but don't you know that I am also the son of my father and my mother?

Our women and children are at the mercy of the infidels thanks to vultures like me who couldn't stop terrorizing them and finally succeeded in chasing them away from their own country and homes.

Our kids grow up without a father to guide them and discipline them because the mother is on two jobs just to make ends meet and she comes home exhausted and goes to bed with an empty stomach so that she can buy that PS2 her son demanded.

Our women are widowed before the age of 25 because the irresponsible man that she fell in love with is busy chewing the night away with his so-called friends and when he comes home after god knows how many days he doesn't even bother explaining where he's been to and why he's failing to fulfill his duties on his beloved wife yet she's still loyal enough to stay and when her friends ask her about him she says her husband is the greatest.

You never taught us to respect our beautiful Somali women and you never took the time to remind us that they are our strongest resource that Allah blessed us with as without them me and you wouldn't be on this earth but let me ask you this, how would you feel if some one raped your mother, sister, aunt and daughter in front of you? Just before you open your filthy mouth, remember you encourage us to do the same evil things that you wouldn’t wish upon your loved ones.

No, I am not blaming you my respected elders for every failed marriage, for every Somali heart that's broken, for every single drop of tears we shed and for every Somali child that is in correctional facilities across the globe, I am blaming myself for allowing you to dictate me in the first place.

I am coming to get mine back, just remember that and no this is not a threat but a PROMISE.

I had to get this OFF MY CHEST...

Thanks for your valauble time May Peace Be With You.

Peace, Love & Unity.

raula   

I share the sentiments as well-shuut! thx for letting it outta my chest as well. The piece needs to be read in one a “Parliamentary session†maybe by some disabled person whose body is half gone half awake-but unusable; so that they can see 14 + years of tyranny and debilitating consequences of the war and separation.

people back home will need intensive pyschotherapy.