Sign in to follow this  
dhooddimeer

MARRIAGE WITHIN THE SOMALI FAMILY

DEAR NOMADS

Several years ago i broke up with the most wonderful girl, there were also hints of marriage amongst her family. Although the girl was good for me and increased my happiness and success in life and vice versa, I put a stop to the relationship because of our differing cultures and races.

Although the girl was Muslim from the former Yugoslavia, I reached this decision in the interest of any offsprings that may result in that marriage, also in her interest because of my intention of going back and living in Somalia. But also one major interest is keeping the Somali race going, because as I believe, it eneterd in the category of the 'ENDANGERED SPECIES', plus I want my children to look like me.

Some people who knew our relationship say I have made the biggest mistake of my life. But I stick to my decision and I know I am right. what do you think?..

First of all.. The decision is yours and only yours. And if you think you've made the right decision then that is all that matters. But I really don't understand, how you let a girl who increased your happiness and your success in life go. And just because she was from Yugoslavia doesn't mean that your child wouldn't turn out to look like you. But then again its also considerate of you to think about the future of both you and your future offspring inshallah, and also the wife.. incase you move to Somalia. Who knows if she would agree to move at all, and if you did move and she refused to go, who would have custody of the child. I know it seems like i'm over-reacting but its all things to think about, and you probably have, since you came to this decision. How would her family feel about the idea. And the whole thing about keeping the somali race going.. congratulations, because i feel exactly the same way. But like i said... the decision is yours, and if your happy with it then thats all that matters. Its sure beats regretting all this in a couple of years from now. Plus when you get married and have children you want to be completly comfortable with both the situation and the person, you wouldn't want to be thinking what if I married a somali woman instead...and blah blah blah. But Inshallah may Allah help you out.. and I hope you find a somali girl that increases your happiness and success in life.. just like the one you let go.

I know u feelin bro, I went through the same thing. I just couldn’t take the thought that any children that resulted in that marriage would not only look like me but 'might' just might abandon their Somali heritage. So I settled for a xaliimo and very happy I did it. Peace & good luck.