Sign in to follow this  
Liqaye

Logic !

Liqaye   

These are some questions from a logic test...

1. There is a duck in front of a duck, a duck behind a duck, and a duck in front of that one. How many ducks are there?

2. A man builds a house with all the walls facing South. One day, he looks out of the window and sees a bear walking by. What colour is the bear?

6. Which word has more letters, 'visualise' or 'fantasise'?

7. What would you call a donut shaped object made of metal that someone might put on a finger?

8. If you had only one match, one apple, a feather, but no lighter, and went in a pitch black room which contained an oil lamp, an open fire and a gas heater, which would you light first?

16. These are the instructions on a treasure map. "Starting at point A, walk twenty paces North, sixty paces due East, and twenty paces due South and dig." You follow the instructions and find you are back where you started. Where, geographically, is the treasure buried?

Harder ones

4. The man was held in a cell with two doors, one of which led to freedom, the other to the gallows. With him in the cell were two warders, one of whom always spoke the truth, the other always told lies. There warders did not converse & there was no way to determine which warder was which. The man was to leave the cell by one of the doors & was allowed to ask one question of one of the warders. The man asked the question & walked out through the door to freedom. What was the question?

Anybody who gets this should give them selves a big wet kiss. ;)

underdog   

Originally posted by LIQAYE:

1. There is a duck in front of a duck, a duck behind a duck, and a duck in front of that one. How many ducks are there?
2 ducks

2. A man builds a house with all the walls facing South. One day, he looks out of the window and sees a bear walking by. What colour is the bear?
I wanna see the house with all walls facing south

Equal in length

7. What would you call a donut shaped object made of metal that someone might put on a finger?
I don't know

8. If you had only one match, one apple, a feather, but no lighter, and went in a pitch black room which contained an oil lamp, an open fire and a gas heater, which would you light first?
the match

16. These are the instructions on a treasure map. "Starting at point A, walk twenty paces North, sixty paces due East, and twenty paces due South and dig." You follow the instructions and find you are back where you started. Where, geographically, is the treasure buried?
I'd say one of the poles.....possibly the south pole

Harder ones

4. The man was held in a cell with two doors, one of which led to freedom, the other to the gallows. With him in the cell were two warders, one of whom always spoke the truth, the other always told lies. There warders did not converse & there was no way to determine which warder was which. The man was to leave the cell by one of the doors & was allowed to ask one question of one of the warders. The man asked the question & walked out through the door to freedom. What was the question?
ask either one which door the other one would say is the door to freedom and then go through the opposite door

Intel   

1 there are 2 ducks 4 sure

2 white bear

6 is that a trick question :rolleyes:

7 donut ring :D

8 none of them everything is sweet smile.gif BTW what does apple go to do withit

Let's try my luck at these:

1. 2 ducks

2. He doesn't see anything-Possibly cause he is buried-meaning he is dead

6. eh same length

7. A ring-be it a wedding ring, engagment, ...etc.

8. You can't go into a pitch black room with open fire

16. Where it's triangly shaped

4. Well if he only asked the question of one of the warders, it could be like "how many doors there are?" if the warder was the one that told always lied, then he would know it...Therefore, he would know the other warder is the one which always tells the truth, and ask the question "which door leads to freedom?"

Ciao

underdog   

2. A man builds a house with "all the walls facing South". One day, he looks out of the window and sees a bear walking by. What colour is the bear?

Am I the only one who thinks all the walls of the house can't possibly face south???????????

underdog   

Originally posted by TRUTH-SHALL-SET-U-FREE:

4. Well if he only asked the question of one of the warders, it could be like "how many doors there are?" if the warder was the one that told always lied, then he would know it...Therefore, he would know the other warder is the one which always tells the truth, and ask the question "which door leads to freedom?"

Ciao

I think the you can only ask one question.

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY UNDERDOG:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. A man builds a house with "all the walls facing South". One day, he looks out of the window and sees a bear walking by. What colour is the bear?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am I the only one who thinks all the walls of the house can't possibly face south???????????

No,i aLso thought the question sounded a bit far-fetched but i had to give it a shot-be it wrong or whatnot.

Senora   

2. A man builds a house with all the walls facing South. One day, he looks out of the window and sees a bear walking by. What colour is the bear??

white?..i hope im right, cause im thinking of an igloo here

6. Which word has more letters, 'visualise' or 'fantasise'??

are those words supposed to be spelled like that?

7. What would you call a donut shaped object made of metal that someone might put on a finger??

a ring!!I'm confident about this one!

8. If you had only one match, one apple, a feather, but no lighter, and went in a pitch black room which contained an oil lamp, an open fire and a gas heater, which would you light first??

a match!hehehe, i cheated and looked at underdogs answer :D

16. These are the instructions on a treasure map. "Starting at point A, walk twenty paces North, sixty paces due East, and twenty paces due South and dig." You follow the instructions and find you are back where you started. Where, geographically, is the treasure buried??

I have np earthly idea :confused:

Harder ones

4. The man was held in a cell with two doors, one of which led to freedom, the other to the gallows. With him in the cell were two warders, one of whom always spoke the truth, the other always told lies. There warders did not converse & there was no way to determine which warder was which. The man was to leave the cell by one of the doors & was allowed to ask one question of one of the warders. The man asked the question & walked out through the door to freedom. What was the question??

im gonna go out on a limb here and say...."which door ahould i go out of?"

underdog   

MY QUESTION:

There are three rivers, The Del, The Moil and The Yerd. The combined length of the rivers is two hundred and forty miles. The Moil is 20 miles shorter than The Del which is 40 miles longer than The Yerd. How long is The Del?

Muhammad   

Answer: 2 ducks

Answer: White - the man is at the north pole

Answer: equall letters

Answer: a Ring

Answer: the match

Answer: it is buried at the started point.

Harder ones

Answer: the question is: "if you were lying: which door would you say leeds to the gallows?"

then the truth teller will point to the freedom-door and the lier would also point to the freedom-door. I'm not sure