Sign in to follow this  
Qoryooley_Tuug

Sean Paul Survives Blaze

Henry H. Ssali & Emmanuel Mugarura

Entebbe

Grammy Award winning artist Sean Paul Henriques, 31, received a blazing welcome to Uganda when a promotion truck in the convoy went ablaze.

The incident happened at a Shell Petrol station in Entebbe. The truck, laden with equipment and blasting out Sean Paul's music, was two cars away from one carrying the reggae superstar and his crew.

The driver bravely drove away from the petrol station before attendants put out the blaze.

Sean Paul will hold a concert at Nile Hotel tomorrow dubbed 'Ever Blazing,' after one of his hit songs.

The Kenya Airways plane carrying the musical ensemble landed at Entebbe at 2:20pm.

Dressed in faded black cargo denims, a camouflage T-shirt and a black jacket with a guitar bag strung to his back, the star promised a blazing act.

"Every time I go on stage I get the vibe so Uganda will get the punch. I promise to give 150 percent," he said.

He refused to enter a Mercedez Benz that had been prepared for him and rode to Kampala with the rest of his crew in an ordinary omnibus.

The artist was in the country to address a press conference and party with a few fans. He was later set to fly to Nairobi, and hold a Nation Media Group-sponsored concert today, before returning for his 'Ever Blazing' show.

Speaking about his first trip to Africa, Sean Paul said: "The trip has been very amazing, it's my first time in Africa and I love how the place looks."

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200404080063.html

JAMAICAN dancehall sensation Sean Paul arrived yesterday for a Good Friday performance here.

The Grammy-award winning artiste will perform at the Nile Gardens tomorrow with Ugandan singer Jose Chameleone and Kenya's Red San.

Paul, 31, is here with back-up singer Jesney. He will be joined by four dancers, four instrumentalists, two engineers and two back-up singers.

Sean Paul's tour was organised by Rani Productions of Kenya and sponsored by The New Vision, Capital FM and Bell Lager.

Clad in army fatigue, Paul emerged from the VIP lounge in the company of Capital FM DJ Juliana Kanyomozi and marketing manager Paul Mwalimu. He was met by Chameleone and Bell's Marion Adengo.

"I will give my 150% when I go up on stage and I will get the vibe on. Ugandans are gonna get the punch! It is gonna be a big exciting show of around 115 minutes," he said.

Paul is known to Ugandans for such hits as Gimme The Light, Baby Boy, Get Busy, and I'm Still In Love (featuring Sasha), among others.

He met Rastafarians and greeted them in their trade mark jargon.

Drama ensued about four kilometres from the airport when a pick-up Dyna loaded with speakers caught fire about four vehicles in front of Sean Paul's Mercedes. The incident happened at a Shell petrol station near Katabi.

Source: http://allafrica.com/stories/200404080297.html

-->Now imagine Sean Paul doing a show in Somalia...he probably won't make it out of the country...ahahah....