Sign in to follow this  
BOB

GORILLA Needs Lobola.

BOB   

Johannesburg - German toyboy Makoko the Gorilla appealed on Thursday to Johannesburgers to dig deep into their pockets to assist him with paying lobola for Max the Gorilla's widow, Lisa.

Makoko, 19, moved from Munster Zoo in Germany last November to be with the 33-year-old Lisa, who has been single since the death of the crime busting Max last May.

Speaking on behalf of Makoko at a media briefing at the Johannesburg Zoo, curator Phillip Cronje said people could make a R5 contribution by SMSing the word "Gorilla" to 36365.

Makoko would pay lobola for Lisa on Valentine's Day. :D:D:D:D .

Several reporters who made donations received a reply from Makoko that read: "Thank you for your support. I'm madly in love with Lisa and need to raise lobola before Valentine's Day." ;)

Makoko, who has yet to be introduced to Lisa, then made an appeal for a further donation.

Cronje said the money would be used to improve the new couple's enclosure, and possibly buy a plasma screen and camera so that the gorillas could be viewed inside their rooms in bad weather.

The zoo had budgeted to upgrade the facility but the donations would ease the burden, he said.

Asked what would happen if Lisa rejected her suitor, Cronje, apparently a seasoned match-maker said: "That is not going to happen."

"In all the animal introductions that we have done here, we have never had a failure."

He said the two would be introduced to each other over several weeks, with the first meeting planned for next week.

Given her age, it was unlikely that Lisa would be able to fall pregnant, so the zoo would begin a search for other younger females to partner Makoko.

"They will be lovely companions but Makoko is very young. We will look for other younger females and Lisa will play the matriarch," said Cronje.

Makoko would be introduced to the public at the weekend.

Lobola: means Dowry in Zulu language.

PS. if you are interested to come to their engagement party then please do so but remember don't show up empty handed or else your sorry behind will be sent back with a note reading "I am Greedy".

Peace, Love & Unity.

Diamante   

Makoko would pay lobola for Lisa on Valentine's Day.

snorts out in laughter

alla hooyooy macaneey....shidh...wait *runs to the loo *...damn that gets the bladder working you know

so is it too late to attend this do Bobby...

BOB   

Originally posted by *Diamante*:

so is it too late to attend this do Bobby...

No, not at all Dee, you can come anytime you want be it before or after Valentine as long as you drop some change in the basket that the Hayena is carrying :D:D .

by the way why did you run to the loo when you could jog smile.gif .

Peace, Love & Unity.

Diamante   

Well that's sorted then, I'll raid the local grocers asap :D

And if that hayena even gives my precious gift such as a glance i'll set the Zoo people on him icon_razz.gif

P.S. jogging kulaha...are you crazy, i would risk burning much needed fat ;)