Sign in to follow this  
Kool_Kat

Baby Moma

Ibtisam   

CL, the question was if it was allowed from Deen point of view, not what the englighten CL thinks :D

*waves, I missed you, wlc back

When I use to woke the hospital, many Kuwaits use to come for IVF treatment in the summer. I always assumed it was hala.

Ngonge: Adoption is hala, as long as they know you are not their parents.

QST "So here's my question: if you and your partner couldn't get pregnant and tried almost everything there is, would you ever consider having a surrogate mother to carry your child? "

MHHH Naah that was the question not what you thought was the question…whose blind now eeh ehh…waves back and I misd you 2

Ibtisam   

Read the replies my dear, it took a different turn. In any case we are mostly* Muslim here, so views, wants, desires etc are irrelevant :D

-Lily-   

ps

Easy with the shantytown lingo, young lady. Ano waxba ma tufo (well other than in Val's general direction that is).

I’m proud of my little street lingo, leave it alone.

Ibti, it's only fair to tell kids they are adopted. There is something peverse about parents wanting to keep it secret, it always comes out one way or another.

NGONGE   

Ibti,

I wouldn't be too hasty with my pronouncements, Ibti. It is not only about 'knowing who your real parents are'! It is also about inheritance and other issues. Adoption, as it is known and understood in western law and parlance is NOT islamically compatible. In addition, the adopted child would have to leave the home the minute he/she reaches puberty (because of the rules relating to being a muhram, etc).

(Of course, it all depends on what you understand by 'adoption' I suppose).

-Lily-   

I thought a stepdad is a Muhram? So how can you be forced to leave at puperty? Really confused now...

Ibtisam   

Ngonge: Yes, I'm aware, but adopting a child is hala was what I said. The details are very different from western laws I agree.

Lily lol it might be an idea to read a book on this area, otherwise you can get so confused. lol

NGONGE   

A stepdad is your mothers spouse. An adopted parent is not a stepdad, Lily.

Ibti,

That would not make it an adoption then, it'll simply be a case of fostering, no?