Sign in to follow this  
Legend of Zu

Do U remember SomTV

Someone remind me the other day The Somali Tv (when we had a country)...

Do you remember TV Programs like

1: Socdaalka Aduunka

2: Batru Zaman

3: Ali Baba

4: iftax ya sim sim...etc etc

May be I am missin the Homeland and Ol times

Lets remember it...

Cheers

Dhimbil   

Damn those were the days....I think i miss when TV had excitement...pple waited all day to watch few hrs of TV....but now constant TV..pple are lazy, tv is boring even when you have 500 channels to choose from....and can u believe i use to be very happy with one channel....remember them days? lol

Legend of Zu...I use to like Michael Jackson's thriller video, and Leon Richie....The "Habeenka Cagayska" program was nice...it had music videos from all over the world....I like this particular african song ( I can't remember the country), it goess like Zambala,zambaararay, Zambala....lol...or something like dat....lol....The Masari dramas were also good.And of course, my fav was the Bayern Munich games, they use to show..... :D

LooooL Che...yeah...Zambala..hahah...I remember that song...

Illmatic yeah man..these days it is either too much TV or U dont have time for it coz of heavy schedules...

Remember a program called "Xidigaha er' something something".....Where the Singers used to be interviewed...

Man..I am Homesick!!

Cheers

Oh My God Zu I can't believe u remember Sharkaan SharKuuun. I can't remember Somalia let alone what was on t.v. but I remember that show and I was terrified of him with his long beard and the opening of the show when he says his name really loud..that was scary!!! :eek:

king_450   

WHEN I LEFT SOMALIA, THERE WERE NO TV,IT MUST HAVE BEEN PRETTY INTERESTING THEN, DO THEY RUN 24/7. OR IT WAS JUST LIKE THE RADIO USED TO BE FROM CERTAIN HRS ONLY?

I left Xamar in the early 80's and missed out on all the fun!! According to my cousins, Xamar at its peek was something else indeed, it was a "pardhy" town...the elite drunk champaign instead of 'faanto'...and drove 'landcruisers' instead of donkey carts.

Did you know, Somalia was the largest importer of landcruisers in Africa in the mid/late 80's..

But, I never knew they had TV in Xamar, obviously my cousins forgot to mention this to me...

Those Micheal Jackson videos were something else. I remember them soo well......I secretly wished to dance just like him. LOL. My first exposure to the king of pop...

What I remember most were those Charlie Chaplin movies...... my grandfather couldn't get a decent night's sleep b'coz of our loud laughter....poor soul.

Kool_Kat   

Good old dayzzzzzzzzz...And y'all forgot about them MUSAARICO videos...Damnnnn...

Ohh yea, and how about Korokodhaal Daandeey...Ohh boy, I missed them good ol' dayzz...

Zakariye   

Salaamu/calaykum dhamaantiin, haa waan xasuustaa alla markaan soo xasuusto mar waliba waxaad moodaa in aan riyoonayo. waxaan sameyn jirey intaan u soo meydho ayaan hor fariisan jiray tv'ka oo aan illaa iyo inta aan ka dhameysto meelna uma aan dhaqaaqi jirin, waqtigaas waxuu ahaa waqti aan soo noqon doonin,laakin waa xusuus wacan oo weligeen aanu xasuusnaan doono.

*****ykum salaam.

LooooooL@ Korokodhaal dandeeey..hahahaha..that is exactly how she (the TV Presenter) used to pronounce..hahaha

Yeah Som TV used to be aired on a certain times. Usually Evenings....and I think Friday mornings too....

StPaulChick....I know....a friend of mind..reminded me..walaahi..i was laughin all day..i couldnt help but explore more about the programs once he told me....

I think am intoxicated with Somali TV Mania...... :D:D

Cheers

LP_Girl   

Yeah i did when i was inside my mam loool

OG_Girl do u remember cadnaan wa liina too ????

loooool walahi all of u r cajoozes .. doqyaaal

Peace

BN   

I was so young all I remember is runnig by the tv(playing) and seeing my dad watching boring news AGAIN and AGAIN! :D:D:D