Sign in to follow this  
SomeAlien

favorite teachers?

schools almost starting and i believe most of you guys are college stdents such as i and well, i was just thinking how the education sysem is really flawed. its flawed in the sense that you never really learn anything. all they really ask of you is to properly spew out facts that you have to cram into yr head for exam time and get that 4.0 avg. every now and than you get a teacher who accually teaches you something instead of shoving facts down your throat that youll have to memorize in time for the next quiz. theyre usually bitter, quick witted and despised by the majority of the class. my favorite teacher in college so far was Irini Tsakiri, for my elements of culture class. shes my favorite because well, to be honest, her character won me over. she made fun of every right wing, white bread, i love america CANADIAN in the class, but she also taught me something. that EVERYTHING is political, and everyone has an agenda. yeah, well, tell me about your favorite teacher so far, whether in high school, university, hell even a neighbour whos taught you something valuable or opened yr eyes to something.

Changed   

MRS ASIF...she was my english teacher and she was really hard on us ...she did not want us to just learn english(we were in pakistan at the time) but she talked about politics and islam and stuff that did not matter to me at the time ...she thought me alot and to be honest she made me who i am today...i havent gotten to thank her since i moved out of paki and at that time i hated her...now i love her and i want to thank her someday but hey god knows about it...she talked about the roles islam played in this world and how the 1st world dominized us.walaahi she made me love politics and she made me want to do something for our people somalis and muslims ..... :D

The Principal of my school. A man of many talents and by far the most encouraging teacher. He beleived in me and appointed me the head girl despite being the only somali in the school.

I had an influential history teacher. He used to question everything. Always made me think about things...only downfall was he was an athiest and would constantly put doubts into my head...but if it werent for these, I would probably not try and know as much about our beautiful religion.

honestly....i loved nearly every single teacher that i ever had,,,

they was encouraging, and all taught me different things in different ways,,,

but ask me, how my big mouth made a religious education teacher cry,,,

ask me,how me leaving one school made my head teacher cry, as he tried to reason with my auntie to let me stay on at his school,

ask me, about the bad english teacher at my new school, that kept giving me detention, because i showed him up infront of the whole class!

(all this happened in my secondary schools)

My favourate teacher was Mz Methol. She taught history at my Middle School. Before i was in Mz Methols history class, I thought i hated History and I use to dread my history classes Walaahi.

I just couldn't relate to the type of History that was being taught, it had nothing to do with me nor my past so i was very dismissive and i remember how, i'd just sit at the back of the class and nap for an hour n half.

Then came along Mz Methol, she was so radical in her views and so loud and Hyper that she made it impossible for me to continue with my naps. I was annoyed with her for the longest time, cos she messed up my nap time!

But seriously, she was the one that taught us that history can be bias and is open to interpretations and there is no right and wrong. She was always making crazy, some what contraversial statements about some period or the other that her classes where, and this is putting it mildly, spectacular!

History, thanks to Mz Methol become very exciting and very ALIFE. Another words, she made History very HIP!

Mz Flamboyant..

MaLikah   

I wouldnt say my favourite, but a teacher I learned alot from is Brother Rehawi. I went to an Islamic School for a good few years of my elementary and middle school years. He was our arabic teacher. But he was always one of those teachers that went completely off tangent from what we were supposed to learn. He would talk about Islamic history all the time, and even tho he had spoke broken english, I musta been the only student actually payin attention. Thats where my love for Islamic History began even tho he used to beat the crap outta us lool. Sumthin good did come out of all that abuse.