Sign in to follow this  
Buuxo

Buraanbur

Buuxo   

Warya buraanbur I baro, ok I want to learn buraanbur, the verses or lines that somali ladies sing in weddings not the dance. I have recently developed a keen interest in buraanbur, laakin I have no-one I could learn from. So I was hoping that my smart culturally attuned nomads could drop a few lines or a whole page, I know you guys could, now help a sister out. Otherwise I have to resort to desperate measures, like stealing the papers from those reciting the buraanbur at the next wedding I attend. :D

Yeah,, i think stealing those papers is the best option if you don't hesitate :D

As far as i know ,,, Ghanima and Cambaro are the best buraanbur qaadayaals here in SOL ..... if they don't want to help u out then nobody else can do that.

Nephissa   

Ba' Ba', Bisinka ka bilaabay

shaydaan ha baygagee

Bisinka ka bilaabay

shaydaan ha baygagee

Gabadhu waa Buuxoo, waa Xashaa Lilaah

Xashaa Lilaahoo, xariirtii la xurmayn jiray

[jug jug jug.. sak sak sak..]

Wiilkuna waa Faaraxoo, fariid weeeyaan

Fariid weeyoo, fardahuu ku dagaalamaa

Ku dagaalamaayo, faciis buu primo u yahay :D

[wac wac jug jug, sakisakisaki jug]

Tanaad   

Jbaro gabadha ha iga waalin waxba ma xaddee

Adiga haddaad u soo xaddid laakiin waa iska caadi

Buuxo isku midaan nahay saaxiib waa isla baranynaa qof ila bartaan raadinayee aniga waxan ku barayaa sida loogu heeso adigane sida loogu boodboodo i bar DEAL

Baraanbur is always fascinating. Waa abtiris oo durbaan loo qaatay & habar walba reerkedu faanineysa,which is cool. Buuxo,I cant help you there,laakin i can help you post a topic about it some years back.

Matter of fact,here is a classic SOL Baranbur thread. I quoted Somalien on here below,she had me ROTFL with this comment here.

quote:

Originally posted by somealien:

i think i could do it if i didnt have to cover my face, i dont have a good sense of direction. id prolly get tangled in the cloth and suffocate. laugh, but with my luck thats what would happen, im really clumsy. i like the idea of reinventing too, itd be cool cause i know penty of dancehall moves, reggae dances but only like 1 somali dance and i only know it in theory and that aint right.

Future of Baranbur

Wheres Somalien anyway? :confused:

Buuxo   

^^thanks faarax.

Nephthys

I knew i could rely on you ,that is not half bad. Tell me more dear, B baad ka biloday hayee...

Tanaad deal maad tiraahda i would even come and track you down in somalia ;)Booditaanka maxum, just needs practice. But it's the singing and what to sing i find the hardest and would like to work on before Nomadique's wedding.

Jacylbaro are sure,cambaro and Ghanima are my best hope?

come on ladies and gents contribute even a few lines.

where is Zenobia, Kool-Kat,Sophitafuncated,Val and munira something tells me they might have a buraanbur or two up their sleaves.

Buuxo   

^^why and how do you know??

Wayaha waan nii buranburaya , this is the only one i know and my family tells me not to ever sing in an aroos or gathering ,apparently it is not appropriate.

But it sounds nice to me :confused:

Naa Nephthyst kuu roone kugu raayey aabaha

dayuus kumsiininooow ,kuma dirin daldheer

inanka reer kiinabu raalikaagayah,

naa kunbaa kuu hawoote kunba hiyiga kakaca

adna karoonatay ,rabigeeyna kaaga raa

Does anyone know the buraanburs that the women start of with Ani kuma oran waxeey hooyadaa ku tiri..... and its full of advice and things, but could never hear over the loud durbaan.

Chimera   

Lol@Somealien re-inventing Somali dance? lool i can picture it allready a Somali girl doing dancehall moves during Buraanbur loooooool my stomach haha that's a first class ticket to Dhaqan celisland

Buuxo   

^^^Actually i have seen girls getting down or bumping n grinding to burranbur and this was welcomed by the somali ladies and they thought it was interesting, but i found it disgusting. redface.gif

Chimera   

so it's like that...down under :D but no i dislike women who dance like that, that is also why i hate them hiphop/dancehall/reggea video's with a passion

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by buuxo:

where is
Zenobia, Kool-Kat,Sophitafuncated,Val and munira
something tells me they might have a buraanbur or two up their sleaves.

Here goes nothing:

Bisinka ka bilaaba shaydaan ha baydadee

Malaa igta daakiraysa ha soo dagtee

Bahalka buuraha jooga ha baxee

Buuxooy bal hadaan bogaan ka buraanburoo

Something something something

wakaa, wakaa, waa kool_kat, wakaa, iwada dhiiga iwada, igalay dhiigaa igalay, ikaray dhiigaa ikaray....jak jak jak, jak jack, jak!!!

Sorry Buuxo, I am not a Buraanbur person...Infact, I hate buraanbur...I sit in my car when ladies buraanbur at weddings, cuz I don't understand half of what they are saying... Aloow yesan hooyadey i akin anoo waxaan qoraayo... :D:D:D Sorry, hooyo...

Nephissa   

Originally posted by Kool_Kat:

Aloow yesan hooyadey i akin anoo waxaan qoraayo...
:D:D:D
Sorry, hooyo... [/QB]

Isku-Jaran you mean? icon_razz.gif

... ikaray dhiigaa ikaray

& "ubood sidii geeljiraha u bood" classical thats the bit I like with buraanbar, meesha ugu dambeysa marka la isku bururo weeye macaanku waxa kale oo dhan waxba kama jiraan.

Ragga inay ku casumana ficnaan lahayd waay sii shidmi lahayd. Rag booda ayaa jira :D

[ August 29, 2007, 04:26 AM: Message edited by: LLPP ]