Sign in to follow this  
macalimuu

can we please talk?

Dear Somalis,

We are here, here in the distant lands, strange lands, cold places, call it whatever you may like it. Like it or not, for good or bad, we are here.

We are the downtrodden and dispossessed, the self-torturing, the disenfranchised, refugees , immigrants, the unemployed and unemployable. we are black and muslim.

we are hated and despised, having become a laughing stock. they look us down, discriminated, alienated and ignored.

our kids are constantly picked at school, harrassed, insulted, spitted on, called names, " smelling somalis, rag heads! arab niggas "

We are children of poverty, hopelessness and ignorance.

we are victims of civil wars of our own makings

We have and will have children of our own, grandchildren too in these strange lands and we have unthinkably decided to do nothing at all.

we are in illusion and have no vison at all.

we are quarrelling between us for no apparent reasons.

our homes are breaking up.our family values are eroding. we adopting alien cultures. we embracing decadent customs.

we feel naked, raped and tortured. we are experiencing mental degradation.

we are suffering. we feel exhausted. we are going crazy.

We are in pain, in confusion, disoriented, uneducated, uncultured, uninsured, homeless, speaking different tongues, wearing different clothes, we are the lost sheep, in chaos with no direction. we lost hope.

We are our own enemy in what has become a self inflicted war against ourselves.

It's about time we got together.

Please, know that I have yet to meet a parent who wants their child to be a doctor,an engineer, a lawyer.

most of the parents are afraid for the fact that one day their child would become a thief, an addict, a dealer, a prostitute, a gay, a violent individual.

still, most of our youth are in jails, detained, some raped while incarceration.

we live in ghettos with the lowest of the low. we live in crime ridden areas, invested with drugs, prostitution and condoms. we still moving to these public housing projects.

our daughters and young ladies are lost. they have been seen clubbing, prostituting, drank and stoned, dating non- muslims, getting impregnated at young age by unkind filthy men.

Some of us still have hope for ourselves even when stuck in the darkest dilemmas, Most of us believe in islamic laws and instilling order in our shattered lives. Many of us have presevered beneath the surface to find a spiritual sense of being, an understanding force at least somewhat powerful.

many of us wouldn't go back if peace and stabilty is restored back home. Did you know that approximately half million Somalis are either displaced, fleeing, drowning in high seas, oceans, their boats capsizing? being deported back to wherever they may have been coming or originating from. but still, the cycle goes on and we are in motion, trying to reach unfamiliar territories and destinations.

now, please think for a while, are you ready? Can you accept that the road we are travelling points toward a grim and painful future? Do you have the heart to face monumental failures while bravely struggling beyond where we are now? I know that some of you are, and that some of us are, and this is what gives me hope. You need insights just as you need your structure. It is never over, especially when a real solution, a real treatment for our sickness, is yet to begin.

Macalin   

Holy MAMA!...Dude You are scaring me SON...ummm emmm My MOMA LOVES ME...umm eemm My sisters/brothers good...umm eemm....Am good,thnkx

Where the HELL DO U LIVE sonnie?...ur an alarmist

ayaanick   

You asked if we are ready to face whatever it is that may come in the near future? No we are not ready, and we can never be too ready either. What we can do is be optimistic about the future. We need to embrace each other. We need to be helpfull towards each other. We need to show love to our youngersters. We need to instill our rich heritage, and culture on our young/teenagers. We need to go back, and rebuild our country. We need to take things step by step, day by day. We need, We need, need I say more,...We need to Reunite!!!

Someone Today

ayaan