Sign in to follow this  
Thinkerman

Rivaldo A free Agent.....in January :-)

Rivaldo explains Milan exit Friday 26 September, 2003

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rivaldo says he quit Milan because he simply couldn’t accept the fact that he was playing so rarely.

The Brazilian terminated his contract with the European giants on Friday after failing to break into the first team.

"I made my mind up last night," the World Cup winner said this afternoon. "I couldn’t handle not playing regularly anymore.

"I understood the situation in Week 1 against Ancona when I sat on the bench for the entire game.

"I thought to myself that if I couldn’t play in that kind of match then I wouldn’t feature in the really big clashes.

"This is just a personal decision and I feel that I’m making the right choice. I’m not looking for anyone to blame."

The attacking midfielder arrived in Italy last year after he rescinded his contract with Barcelona.

"I always dreamed of playing for Milan and I’m happy that I won the Champions’ League with this club," he added.

"I’m disappointed that the Rivaldo witnessed in Spain didn’t turn up here. I had my problems last term and nothing had changed much this time around."

Despite having showdown talks with boss Carlo Ancelotti this week, Rivaldo asked Milan this morning to end their agreement immediately.

"He asked us and we accepted to meet his needs on friendly terms," said Vice-president Adriano Galliani.

"I would like to thank Rivaldo for his work here in which he has contributed to the three trophies which we have won over the past 12 months."

Rivaldo, who was earning around £3.5m a season, is now a free agent and could team up with international colleague Ronaldo at Real Madrid. Even if he has other options.

"The fact that I played against Porto in the Super Cup means that I can’t be used in the Champions’ League this term," he noted.

"There is a chance that I could move to England but I will evaluate all of my options with calm."

Im a big time Milan supporter and im glad to see him leaving cause there was no space for him plus we in the off season just signed a player to replace him a Brazilian by the name of Kaka with a killa shot and crazy speed

Update on the story

Prem trio want Rivaldo

Rivaldo's agent denies that the former Milan man is moving to Liverpool. "I know there has been speculation in the English papers linking Rivaldo with Liverpool, but all I can tell you is that they are not one of the clubs whose offer will be put before him," said Jorge Gama. "We have three offers from Premiership teams who are interested in Rivaldo."

Tahliil   

Wanted to c him in a Liverpool jersey but that is off the table now...hope he doesn't do something silly and sign with Manchester (lol)

I have never liked this iddiot . He is the most selfish Brazilian player ever. His game is also very predictable and I hope he finds no place.

He is also the biggest cheater. I still remember that "fake foul" riwaayad he performed at the world cup. What a shame.

I honestly think he is not that good compared to other Brazilian internationals. He is just another Brazilian except he is the most selfish of all.

Lefty   

LOL@Libaax...You nailed on him, What Rivaldo did at the last World cup during the game between Brazil & Turkey was disgraceful to the game and FIFA should have suspended and Fined him immediately after that game.