Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Syria 2007

N.O.R.F   

The National Museum

Has many archeological finds. I cant remember half of the things we were told but here are few pics.

36408061662.jpg

36408061744.jpg

36408061849.jpg

Urban   

Nice pictures North, wish I went there through a holiday company though, rather than just a family visit.

I have been to most of the places in that picture.. Tell me though, have you experienced the joys of a "sarfiis" ride? :D

"Cal yamiin iza bitriid!" or "cala mahlak mcallem"

I had the pleasure of spending a day with a Syrian family in a small Village called Baabanna near Ladiqiyya.. it was the most beautiful place i've seen in Syria mashallah.

Now I miss the oil-soaked shwarmas, and everythin else

More pictures please

smile.gif , nomads are everywhere.

I was in that area around 10 years ago, as a student.

many things have changed, Hafiz al asad was the president then[you could not say his name back then or you would be arrested], has that changed with his son ?

Isreal still occupied the south of lebanon.

i remember a beautiful place in lebanon with roman ruins called Ba'alback, have you visited it ?

in my time there i met 1 somali guy, who was passing through .. shame i couldn't speak decent somali.

Fabregas   

Originally posted by Geel_jire:

smile.gif
, nomads are everywhere.

in my time there i met 1 somali guy, who was passing through .. shame i couldn't speak decent somali.

WHat kind of geel jire is that? Maybe a change of name wouldn't go amiss, let the rightful geeljire of the forum take his name :D

^^ smile.gif that was a Decade ago. I agree a Geel_jire that can't speak somali should change his name.

lakin magaca waxaan qaatay afka hooyo markaan si fiican u bartay iyo geel raacay sidaad darteed magaca wan ku dhaganahay ee yaan la iga xayuubin.

N.O.R.F   

Ngonge, both sides? :confused:

Urban LoL, what is a Sarfiis ride? Like I said I had difficulty understand most of them. They speak to bloody fast!

N.O.R.F   

Inside the Moque

36408062183.jpg

The tomb of Prophet Yahya (Calayhi Salaam) but this is not 100% concrete as this information is second hand. The mosque was previously a Church where they said was the site of John the Baptist's tomb.

36408062154.jpg

The Pulpit

36408062156.jpg

The columns and roof trusses. Best indicator of the time of construction (a long time ago).

36408062140.jpg

36408062252.jpg

The souq around the Mosque

36408062247.jpg

People enjoying their Eid

36408062337.jpg