Sign in to follow this  
Sophist

The Art of Shukansi!

Sophist   

How often it is that both male and female play the game of pretence, actors in there own theater, each knowing their role but play naive to it. "The Man" poses as a stranger merely looking for "friendship". "The Woman" an innocent lady unknown to the ways of the world. So it begins, with "The Man" offering the hand of friendship and "nothing more", "The Woman" "innocently" accepts this union of friendship with all the joy and hopefulness. However, both Man and Woman also play the part of audience, and just like in a pantomime the audience knows the whole plot behind the play, shouting "He likes you" He likes you". But of course, the actors do not hear, maintaining their illusion of pretence, merely to act out the entire play, for it is a play they both enjoy and are use to. So "The Man continues his role and delusion of a friend hoping that it may blossom into a flower of love, meanwhile "The Woman" for her part is happy to play along, knowing all the while his intent and in her mind has already come to a conclusion that is hidden from the "The Man". Now the audience is then separated into two, those who know the ending and those who dont. The Irony is that both know how the play begins but only one knows how it will end. And so I ask "how will the play end? Only thee knows!!!

Fraternally,

Sophist

• Like 1

Need i say more.

I guess i should get and Oscar for the show i put on.

Cuz my roles aren't so simple.

I take three steps at a time,

See i know the script well and have studied it naturally,

Like chess i can for see the the moves.

;)

But good try sophist, I guess in your eyes you see such plays....Happening

Sophist   

Instict Poet!

Actually, as it happens I haven't been an actor for such a pantomine for a long time! I have indeed written this 1999! I was clearing some old files and I came accross this!

Elated to hear you have more "advanced" game!

Sophist