Sign in to follow this  
DigibAc

Naked man superglued to exercise bike

DigibAc   

JOHANNESBURG (Reuters) - A gang stripped a South African man before supergluing him to an exercise bicycle while they ransacked his house, according to a report Thursday.

SAPA news agency said the attackers, dressed in suits, hijacked a man in his 50s and forced him at gunpoint to take them to his home in Johannesburg.

"The victim was then forced to strip, after which he was superglued to the seat of an exercise bicycle, his hands were superglued, as were his feet and then his mouth was superglued shut," SAPA quoted Mark Stokoe, a spokesman for emergency services Netcare 911, as saying.

The man was rescued about three hours later when his partner arrived home, SAPA said.

South Africa is battling one of the world's highest crime rates which has prompted concerns that violence might mar the 2010 soccer World Cup, which the country is due to host.

A police spokesman could not immediately comment on the report. No one at Netcare 911 could be reached.

Malika   

Oooooooooouch!! those animals,how humiliating that must have been.. :(

I can never forget a night we were ambushed in our home with thieves wedging mashetees,knives...How we survived that night, a house ful of women only, Only god knows!! subhanallah!

While Mbeki is busy policing africa, he should be taking care of his own home affairs, things are rapidly deteriorating.Most of my collegues are white and Black South African, leaving SA in droves because the country is getting unstable.

BOB   

Salam Aleikum W.W

Muneera...Have you been living in South Africa, if Yes, for how long and in which city?

Salam Aleikum W.W

Peace, Love & Unity.

Ariadne   

I was under the impression this was to be confession of being addicted to spinning. I was going to confess about my addictionto spinning as well.

Le sigh!

Ariadne   

I sound like a jerk I mean to say I am sorry to hear baout that poor man... but that title is misleading

Malika   

Sorry Bob for the delay in responding to your question..I hadnt visited this thread since I posted.

I should rephrase my comments,I meant my collugues here in UK whom are S.African's.But I have family in former Rhodesia,aka Zimbabwe.