Sign in to follow this  
FatB

IKEA

FatB   

after a few banged thumbs i know have a highly unstable bookshelf. my DIY for the weekend

Kool_Kat   

C'mon FatB!

71313_PE186651_S3.jpg

I assembled this six-drawer chest by myself yesterday, walahi! It took me a couple of hours and a few scratchs here and there, but it is perfect... :cool:

FatB   

this weekend has been trully productive - the car has now 4 bran spanking new tyer and smells like lime, garden is neat and tidy with freshly cut lawn, and the garadge has a fresh lick of paint - i love long weekends :D

B   

Ikea is very good for the modern contemporary look. Its also quite affordable!

Juxa   

but it does not last yaa B. you better off buying piece by piece until you have furniture that go together and is well fitted

Kool_Kat   

^My kasban hates anything with a manual (he'll either try to take a short cut or rush through it) and I hate to wait for others to get things done for me...Ilaahay amarkii waxaa waan isaga fiicnahay... :D

Juxa, bewieve it or not, I, at times, throw in my stilettos for a tool belt...

I find Ikea products to be of good quality, provided it is assembled properly and not abused...

B   

Originally posted by Juxa:

but it does not last yaa B. you better off buying piece by piece until you have furniture that go together and is well fitted

My motto is simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. I don’t like elaborate designs. Take my family house for instance; everything is detailed from the curtains to the little coffee table to the fancy cabinet with some deplorable plates and dishes in it. I told my mum to change the living room setup but she likes her old school designs. We even have an elaborate and shiny thing to hold tissues.

In my living room. I have leather black chairs, a TV and a simple carpet. The walls are painted in orange. Its simple and nice looking to be honest!!

^^^ lol the fancy cabinet with the dishes is a staple of Somali diaspora decoration manual. I see you didn't read the manual smile.gif

I like Ikea, except there's no creativity behind their products. They try to sell you this so-called modern designs that frankly just all look a like. But its cheap and can last provided there no abuse to it like KK said.

Lois long time no see home-gal...u is my idol gal! lol...pow pow. your somaliweeyen nimo has changed my life!

Back to subject. I like ikea since i am a handy-man. Their shyte is cheap and fits into my tiny apt like magic. My wife use to hate it! However, after i put it together, i see that amazing smile on her face and my nite is Kaboom! lool.

f-boy...rftm before u try to put it together! lool. oh yeah, u gonna need some good tools 2.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by FatB:

after a few banged thumbs i know have a highly unstable bookshelf. my DIY for the weekend

Waar hindi yar baa loo yeedhaa.