Sign in to follow this  
General Duke

My hero's

ghandi-inembassady.jpgGhandi a man who led to the liberation of Millions of people and who's message has stood the test of time

mandela_last.jpgMandela the Ghandi of this century

malcomxxx.jpgMalcom X

image?id=75557&rendTypeId=4A symbol of a nation

zidane.in.shame.jpg

An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.

Mohandas Gandhi

As human beings, our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world - that is the myth of the atomic age - as in being able to remake ourselves.

Mohandas Gandhi

I dream of the realization of the unity of Africa, whereby its leaders combine in their efforts to solve the problems of this continent. I dream of our vast deserts, of our forests, of all our great wildernesses.

Nelson Mandela

“ During my lifetime I have dedicated myself to the struggle of the African people. I have fought against white domination, and I have fought against black domination. I have cherished the ideal of a democratic and free society in which all persons live together in harmony and with equal opportunities. It is an ideal which I hope to live for and to achieve. But if needs be, it is an ideal for which I am prepared to die."

Mandela

A man who tosses worms in the river isn't necessarily a friend of the fish. All the fish who take him for a friend, who think the worm's got no hook in it, usually end up in the frying pan. All these things dangled before us by the white liberal posing as a friend and benefactor have turned out to be nothing but bait to make us think we're making progress. The Supreme Court decision has never been enforced. Desegregation has never taken place. The promises have never been fulfilled. We have received only tokens, substitutes, trickery and deceit.

Malcom X

".... It is a duty, it is your and my duty, as men, as human beings, it's our duty to our people, to organize ourselves. Let the government know if they don't stop that Klan, we'll stop it ourselves. Then you'll see the government start doing something about it. But don't ever think they are going to do it on some morality basis, no. So I don't believe in violence, that's why I want to stop it."

Malcom X

“I come bearing an olive branch in one hand, and the freedom fighter's gun in the other. Do not let the olive branch fall from my hand.”

Arafat

The victory march will continue until the Palestinian flag flies in Jerusalem and in all of Palestine.”

Arafat

"Zidane is one of the greatest players in history, a truly magnificent player."

Franz Beckenbauer

I think Zidane is the greatest talent we've known in football these last 20 years, yet he never played the prima donna," said Lippi. "I am honoured to have been his manager."

Marcello Lippi

Bunch of failed statesmen and an excellent footballer.

Gandhi was single-handedly to blame for partition of India, and for the mollycoddling of Muslims at the expense of the concerns, feelings and rights of Hindu extremist.

I think its fair to say that Arafat leadership was not all it purported to be. his complicated strategy of negotiations and diplomatic maneuverings was a colossal dead end for Palestinian national aspirations, and enormously beneficial for Israel and the United States.

Mandela is responsible for the death and infection of millions to AIDS/HIV epidemic. Many have criticised Mandela for his government's ineffectiveness in stemming the AIDS crisis. Mandela has admitted this himself.

The connection between these three leaders is that are seen as great token leaders in the 'Western' world but only as mediocre leaders by the the standards set by their own people. Duke, you have been brainwashed by too much BBC and CNN! ;)

^^^lool. Thats why we have differences of opinion.

Ghandi liberated India, gave them self esteem and thus now they are on the verge of being a superpower.

Mandela is well known and the AIDS accusation is weak, he served only four years as head of state before retiring the inaction was on Imbaki's tenure.

Arafat, was Mr Palastine, before him the Jews never accepted a Palatinian state they used to claim Jordan was the Palastinian state.

Arafat took a few refugees and turned them into a nation. He was more than a man and sadly my dear boy its you who is paroting the BBC & CNN jewish lies about him.

Malcolm is the man he had courage when most did not.

And Zidane is my hero for many reasons, notably that an Algarian made the French love their country.

Poker   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

The connection between these three leaders is that are seen as great token leaders in the 'Western' world but only as mediocre leaders by the the standards set by their own people. Duke, you have been brainwashed by too much BBC and CNN!
;)

That is so true.

Most people think Nelson Mandela was more affective when he was in prison.

what is he doing these days anyway?

Malcolm was different. He never got the chance.

Som@li   

You are insulting Gandhi, Mandella, Malcom X by adding Arafat to the list, he was the worse opportunist that walked on this planet, if he was any good, or threath to Israels he would have been killed long time ago, How did Arafat get billions of dollars in Swiz banks( all donated money) while millions of Palastines die of hunger everyday, What a loser!

Gandhi is my favourite.

The things that will destroy us are: politics without principle; pleasure without conscience; wealth without work; knowledge without character; business without morality; science without humanity; and worship without sacrifice.

"Be the change you want to see in the world"

“The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”

osman_nz   

Malcolm X never achieved anything with his violence...so his message failed and therefore i don't know how he can be viewed as hero.The African American were freed due to peaceful means of martin luther king not malcolm x violence. Infact malcolm x preached to use the sword and died by the sword. Total failure.

Arafat also failed with his intifada message and use of terrorism and today he never freed palestine. Therefore he can't be viewed as hero.

And the palestine question is still unanswered after 70 years.

Hero's are proven by their success not their failures. Mandela and Ghandi though true hero's, got their objective done and proven to the world through peace can solution's be found and not violence.

Their is 1 person i would like to add to list of hero's the dalai lama and his region tibet. Totally great man.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by Dabshid:

You are insulting Gandhi, Mandella, Malcom X by adding Arafat to the list, he was the worse opportunist that walked on this planet, if he was any good, or threath to Israels he would have been killed long time ago, How did Arafat get billions of dollars in Swiz banks( all donated money) while millions of Palastines die of hunger everyday, What a loser!

Oh the mythical billions and the Swiss Bank Accounts!

Shame he did not get the chance to spend them and voluntarily chose to sit in his compound when the Israelis were pleading with him to leave the land. Remember how long he was locked up in that compound before he died?

You may not agree with Arafat's policies (for indeed the man did divide opinion) but you really never could accuse him of the said corruption (maybe members of his Fatah Party but never him personally).

I suggest you read up about the way the man lived and died, saaxib. Don't fall for Israeli propaganda (and the stuff that the Islamic busybodies come up with).

Som@li   

Arafat was terminally ill when he was in his compound, and he knew it, and it was last drama of trying to re-image himself. Most of the real heroes of Palestinians were assassinated by Mossad.

Malika   

^Their names?

You all said these men where 'GREAT', what made them great Leaders?

What shared qualities&characteri stics did they have?

Ofcourse,Zidane doesnt fit in the same category as the likes of Ghadi,Arafat etc