Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Contraband!

NGONGE   

Little Najma watched as her eldest sister spoke on the phone. She was telling someone that she's picking up something that same night. Najma was not sure what her sister was talking about. When the sister (Cibaado) got off the phone, Najma attempted to ask her. Cibaado got upset and told her to mind her own business. "You are too young for this stuff" she added.

The phone rang again and Cibaado picked it up.

Cibaado: What? No. I have no idea what you're talking about. I don't think it's out yet. No, not me. Who told you anyway? Oh what a great liar! Err..no..no trust me, I know nothing about it. Ok, I'll speak to you later.

Najma was again puzzled. She wanted to ask Cibaado about this phone call too but was scared she'll get a telling off like last time. At any rate, Cibaado was eyeing her suspiciously whilst dialing a new number on the phone.

Cibaado: Haa! I just got a phone call from Shamsa, she knows! No, no, she really knows. She just asked me when am I picking 'IT' up and who else is going with me. No, no, I lied and told her that I knew nothing about it. I told her it is not out yet. No, Shamsa has a big mouth we can't trust her with this. Who? How did she find out? No, honestly, I have not told anyone. Ok, listen, I am going to phone Ismahan and tell her not to give it to anyone else. She promised we will be the first to have it and she must keep her promise. Ok, I'll call her now.

Young Najma was feeling as bored as a neglected wife but she was also curious and wanted to find out about this secret thing that her sister is getting. Meanwhile, Cibaado was dialing yet another number.

Cibaado: Hello. Hi Ismahan. How are you...what? Me? No, I didn't. Actually, that is why I phoned you...she said what? But she does not know that I know! Well, I hope you didn't believe her. Good. Good. I've got to have it first and when I'm done you can give it to whoever you choose. Since when? But you promised. Ok, ok, how long? I can't go to her house. We have not spoken for months. No, you get it from her and I'll come and pick it up from you. Yes, tonight. YOU PROMISED. Ok, thanks darling. I'll phone you when I'm on the way.

Najma couldn't contain her curiosity and quickly blurted out the question "what is this important thing that you're going to pick up tonight, sis?" Cibaado ignored her and started dialing a new number.

Cibaado: Hi Amran, want to come round mine tonight? Yes, I got it. Well, actually, I am going to get it later. But you have to be there. No, I am not sure I can hold on to it for long. No, there is no time for that. You have to come. Ok, I'll see you later. Bye.

Later that evening, Cibaado and her friends were all sat in front of the TV and chatting animatedly.

Cibaado: When you told me she was wearing pink socks I really thought you were joking. GOD, the woman has no sense of fashion.

Amran: Wattaa! Wattaa! Didn't I say the zit on her face can be seen from miles away? Bal eeg!

Little Najma sat in the corner shaking her head and wondering why these grown women are badmouthing a wedding they actually went to.

Ibtisam   

It is for memory, you just know some questionable people with questionable characteristics. icon_razz.gif BUT the majority of the people 95% is for memory/ keep-sake purpose.

NGONGE   

^^ Actually, you're right. It is for memory. Memory of the hedious outfit heblaayo wore on such and such wedding or the ugliness of the hall. :D

Ibtisam   

Why are you always so negative. Biskina. No memory as in "Oh my god, I was so young, so good looking, so fat/light/dark/tall/short" sort of memory. And there are all my relatives dancing for me and my special buranbur for me and my folks, also to tease your kusband that his family wa laga ciyaar baddiyeh and they got a good beating/ schooling.

Juxa   

never ever show your wedding video to anyone except intii indhahooda ku aragtay on that evening

I OWE YOU NOTHINg