Sign in to follow this  
roobleh

Is there evidence for EVOLUTION?

Roobleh,

there are many many levels of discussion. And yes or no is the simplistic answer. Actually the metaphysical debate is pointless, people believe what the believe, so no point going there.

On mechanical side, evolution gives an explanation of adaptation under selective pressure. Where the selection is not external to the environment, that's all.

roobleh   

Khayr,

Do you really understand the subject matter of that tread? "Intelligent Design vs. Darwin's theory."

Intelligent design is an argument for the existence of God, and is based on the premise that "certain features of the universe and of living things are best explained by an intelligent cause."

Before I discuss Charles Darwin's theory of evolution, I would like you to know just a little bit of Darwin's background. He was very talented and at the age of sixteen, was sent to a medical school in Scotland. He regarded medicine as "intolerably dull" and was more interested on history of nature. Instead of continuing medicine, Darwin enrolled in the University of Cambridge to study clergy.

Now, Darwin's theory of evolution presumed that "all life is related" and descended from a "common ancestor." His theory was based on morphology and not supported by molecular evidence obtained from the complex systems on the cellular level.

On the other hand, Theistic evolution, known as evolutionary creationism, is the opinion that religion and evolution are compatible.

My goal of posting this tread is to accomplish two things: a)to establish that evolution exists and does not contradict religion. b) and that evolution does not support the opinion that "all life descended from one common ancestor."

Hope that helps Khayre! smile.gif

roobleh   

there are many many levels of discussion. And yes or no is the simplistic answer. Actually the metaphysical debate is pointless, people believe what the believe, so no point going there.

CaanoGeel,

The reality of the world is much more than either YES or NO. Give me something more bro!

Originally posted by Roobleh:

My goal of posting this tread is to accomplish two things: a)to establish that evolution exists and does not contradict religion. b) and that evolution does not support the opinion that "all life descended from one common ancestor."

^^I am afraid that sets you up for failure adeer! But I would lend you a receptive ear any way! Go and give a try yaa Roobka.

roobleh   

Can identical twins be distinguished from each other using DNA fingerprinting?

DNA fingerprinting allows forensic scientists to determine whether the DNA found at a crime scene came from a particular individual. Do you think this has to do with evolution?

ps. xiin, it is a goal and I hope we can accomplish this together. Thanks for the "receptive ear!"

Can identical twins be distinguished from each other using DNA fingerprinting?

DNA fingerprinting allows forensic scientists to determine whether the DNA found at a crime scene came from a particular individual. Do you think this has to do with evolution?

What kind of crime are you planning on committing .. anyhow that doesn't really ave much to do with evolution.. Identical twice come from the the egg splitting after it has been fertilised, so atthe point of the split, the developing embryos contains the same genetic material .. that doesn't mean that while the embyro keeps on developing changes may not happen - i.e. errors may be introduced in the process for example one twin may be born with a physical defect that the doesn't have .. these are called somatic mutations and are very rare

Circle aad ku wareegsaneysaa, Roobloow, ee ha isdaalin mar labaad. Hal erey iyo laba sheey aad kasoo maqashay an atheist professor waxba kuma heleysid, only getting more confusion.

Eebbe haddaa aamisantahay, the theory -- which intaanan iloowin let's remind us one another again is only a theory, nothing substantial proven or otherwise -- of evolution dadka aamisan Eebbe ma aaminsano badankooda. They do not believe a Higher Being that designed and controlls this world; a Being that still involves how our universe works.

Your average common believer in theory of evolution does not believe that.

Haddee dhab kaa tahay, Haaruun Yaxye [Cadnaan Oqtar] buuggaagtiis aqri. I have had a book of his since 2000, called The Evolution Deceit. Buuggaas aqri, oo kala dhigdhigaayo beenta iyo waxa ka buuxo.

I kindly suggest you read that book since I personally do not like to engage in debates that never end.

MMA, i got to say tho' people like Harun Yahya are beyond me, how are you supposed to take such conclusive remarks seriously from some one that doesn't do and has never done the actual science.

roobleh   

MMA,

^Lets not personalize this. I will leave it for you to edit!

Do you know Harun Yahye studied arts at Istanbul’s Mimar Sinan University and philosophy at Istanbul University. He is not even a scientist! You need to find a Muslim biologist, who has written on evolution.

Again, Muslim religion encourages us not to reject theories when they have some truth in it.

Taliban   

Again, Muslim religion encourages us not to reject theories when they have some truth in it.

Apart from the theory of evolution, what other theories that have some truth in it did Muslims not reject?

Abyan   

In this day and age waxkasto waa arkay..

A muslim pro evolutionist eh? So you mean xaawa iyo aadam were monkeys?