Sign in to follow this  
Resistance

The Trouble with old People

Has anyone seen the documentries on Channell 4 about old people. Gosh how they were being treated and how their own children were expecting the nation to look after their parents .. is sooo saad being old in this country ... just imagine in 20 years time they wll be Somalis who've grown old here and who will look after them. Yes u might think their own kids .. but then the Somalis are so spread out that those oldies are likely to have only few family members around them and whos to say their children have not picked up the ways of the west ... i think we have picked that mental .... imagine i have not seen my own grandma in 3 months and she lives in London with me .. and you would thing am an angel ..

JUSTICE   

your right. It is so sad.... I always tell my self I will never do this to my mom and dad when they grow older, but how would I gurantee that I wouldn't live in another country in the future.. there are so many what ifs.

-Lily-   

Well I think parents should be non-negotiable. The is no trouble with old people, society has become too selfish & too busy.

3 months yahoo?! I haven't spoken to my grandma for a few weeks, but I can't always get through to her, the lines in Somalia are bad at times.