Sign in to follow this  
N.O.R.F

Empty churches, full mosques

N.O.R.F   

Empty churches, full mosques

Several redundant churches in Glasgow and other parts of Scotland are slowly being converted into mosques as Christian congregations dwindle while a growing Muslim population demands more places to worship. Colin Randall, foreign correspondent, reports

GLASGOW // When the Glasgow Central Mosque, then rivalling the biggest in Europe, opened a quarter of a century ago, it seemed all the needs of Muslim worshippers in Scotland’s largest city would be met at its imposing site on the banks of the Clyde.

http://www.thenation al.ae/apps/pbcs.dll/ article?AID=/2009092 6/FOREIGN/709259802/ 1041

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by -MARX-:

Another pathetic and irrelevent post. Norf, I think I saw in camden last week.

Why is it though? With all the negative press Islam and Muslims have been receiving over the years it is still growing rapidly. So muh so that you can pray in Mosques that used to be Churches.

ps you didn't see me in Camden saxib. Wouldn't be seen dead around there. At least I know where you got the idea for the Mohican though :D