Sign in to follow this  
BEAU_MEC

SHOCK HORROR --- I for one am stunned!

BEAU_MEC   

Ahlan ya shabaab!!!

Have any fellow nomads recently visited the site blackchat.co.uk ? I was appauled by what I saw written in the forums! Firstly I was shocked at the fact that Somalis featured so much in the postings of UK and US blacks. Most postings were started by non somali guys who admired the beauty of somali women(which of course is quite true):)

Then I came accross other posts by somalis claiming they are not black or african and that they wish to not be associated with other blacks. I found somalis using words like nigger, monkey, slave etc. We all know that we have differnt opinions on our origins, but to go to a BLACK website and voice racist comments I think is a mis-representation of somails in general. I couldn't be bothered to sign up and reply, but fortunately a few sane somalis apologised for the comments of our uneducated bretheren.

One comment which was made by a Jamaican made me laugh though. After (somalis)taking the piss out of Jamaicans, a Jamaican stated that if Somalis despise Jamaicans so much why do they all 'act' or attempt to speak Jamaican Patwa such as 'wa guaan' and all the rest of the lingo which is rife amongst our youth.....

Anyway, to make things worse, black memebers of the forum had been to sites such as somalinet and came back with a bit of a shock at what they read regarding how somalis perceive other blacks.

The moral of my story, our forums are often frequented by non-somalis, so please don't write anything that may offend. Not saying that the nomads here will, but I mean somehthing should be done about Somalinet. Do they have no moderators who can filter the posts??

Anyway if you're ever online and bored check out:

http://www.blackchat.co.uk/theblackforum/

What i'm talking about can be found in 'black mens forum' and the 'dustbin forum' at the bottom of the page.

Over and out

@+