Sign in to follow this  
OG_Girl

Ramadan Kariim

Haashim   

Ramadhan is tomorow (Sunday 26 October) according Egypt, Yemen, Jordan, Palestine as far as i heard. Saudi arabia, Oman, U.A.E, Qatar and Bahrain plus Algeria Ramadhan is after tomorow (Monday 27th October).

We in the west we have to follow who see the first because the rule is Muslim is one nation, therefore if the crescent is seen somwhere in muslim land other muslims should follow, weather it was seen in Pakistan or Marokko.

The people who live where their MUFTIS say tomorow is the end of SHA'BAN they should follow their MUFTIS to avoid the more differences.

WALLAAHU ACLAM.

W/Salaam Lucky. What time is it for you guys? Because for us its 10.30 pm (and we are about to put an hour back tonight at midnight lol)

And Saudi Arabia is 2 hours ahead about 12.30 pm approximately. Are you saying that you US folks actually are watching for the moon sighting tonight and you dont rely on Saudi Arabia's sightings or nearby countries?

OG GirL = Yeah Kuwait follows Saudi Arabia's sighting :cool:

OG_Girl   

Flying still for us is monday we will finish sha'ban 30th so monday will be first of month Ramadan , 27th Oct.

muraad, it's 12:40 after midnight and i am still awake i have school thou ......lol

salaam

LuCkY   

Mujahid 2:38pm here in CaLi---time zones throughout the US differ though by two/three hours depending on what region.

We do reLy on them however which ever musLim nation sees it first is who we go with...im toLd the moon can be seen throughout parts of the US.

Xafsa   

og girl...thanks hon.

Lucky 2pm? I keep forgeting how the west coast is 2 hours behind.....scared me there for a min. ;)

OG_Girl   

lol flying still, Lucky scared me too 2:38 pm aa? is saturday or sunday guys?

my time is 12:45 after midnight 26th Oct.

Xafsa   

^^^ its saturday afternoon we haven't even prayed maqrib yet...just prayed Asar.

Its sunday for y'all already?...dang!

Haashim   

What is the difference between Saudia and Yemen? if the British would not divided and the crescent would seen in Sana' or Aden (as today) would not the other part of this country follow?

So we're following different parts of muslim countries who have seen it, So Tomorow (SUN 26th Oct.) is the first day Of RAMADAN.

MABRUUK CALAYKUMU SHAHR

LuCkY   

FS---i thought you knew...didnt mean to give you or og_girL a heart attack there.Thats what i meant FS they are a day ahead of us.

Zakariye   

S/ALAYKUM

amazing some of you start fasting on monday, how come? we in Northern America Ramadan is Sunday which is tomorrow october ,26 2003. so Happy ramadan, this time zone difference is a mess.Lucky how come you have to fast on monday i am only ahead of you 2hrs. so me and you LA we have a time difference of 2hrs,so you must be fasting too on sunday that is right

c/salaam

LuCkY   

So Mujahid and Muraad you two are fasting two different days even though you both Live in London? :confused:

Zakariye i dont know im onLy going with the what the rest of the peopLe are saying-we fast on monday which wiLL be our first day of RamadaN i dont know why you(mN)are different.

PLz pray for us(in CaLi)as these bLazing wiLd fires are coming cLoser to home.May ALLah shieLd us from these fires...AmIIn.

"So Mujahid and Muraad you two are fasting two different days even though you both Live in London?"

^^...It is wierd, innit?

My dad thought Ramadan would commence today (26th), but the Islamic Council (and everyone else I came across) says its tomorrow. Either way, since lots of ppl are not fasting today, tomorrow will be the beginning of Ramadan for most of the UK, Insha'Allah.

On that note....ramadan kariim! I can already smell saambuusaha...yum yum! smile.gif