Sign in to follow this  
J.Lee

arranged marriages,50 camels and a woman's destiny

OG Moti   

Sister good title but first let suggest one thing change his name to faarax not mohamed for now adays non-muslims are trying to trelate every bad thing to the name of our Prophet P.B.U.H.. that was first point...

Second point

the title of your post with a bit your own inputs for stating details could be itself a peace of Essay...

you can state in you peace that somalis as being nomads and move all the time, parents think or use to think "we dont want others to think bad of us" that paying more camels will no doubt make the girl happy even if the guy is much older than her, and also females are expected to raise a family and be responsible at the age of 14, "this true and they are responsible at that age"

then good things about nomad life of somalis, explain to ppl how simple was it and how ppl were close to each other, "talk to older ppl they never forget and they have interesting stories"

then say good things about somali women in general and how they helped in coming up with a healthy family, without cretizing the male factor so much, and fine a closing that make you listners or readers appriciate the somali nomad life, and admire it. smile.gif

finally

in your summary section

start with explaining how camels were imortant in somali culture and giving camels to the female family ment symbol of respect and appriciation of being part of that family by marraying their daughter smile.gif

try to make your listenrs or readers to concentrate at the culture rather than female and male issues and do never try to gain sympothy to females at the expenses of the male.. it will just make ignorant think that somali women are abused. smile.gif

note: you can explain the unknown of the female desteny when she gets marry to a man she never met, however she with her beautiful brain always works out to make to herself a future and descover and work toward better destiny..

good luck sis

peace

shyhem   

Miss word

U remind of the skinn girl in the famous fox tv programme, whats her Ally maCbeal or somthing like that.Any way she want to the masaai of East africa and was telling Jay leno how she went there to kenya to save the masaai girls from Fgm,WELL I SAY EXCUSE ME LADY U need to save ladz in LA that obsssesion with silicon chest coz in my culture that's a primitive thing to do.

Whats my point,well i 'ope u don't talk about how we pay a camel to get a wife just to get some points from u'r proffessor.

Afterall we're doing' the sisters a favour by marrying 'em and paying 'em a camel,otherwise we can get a free white woman for free but again not all of us are interested white women or anything that's free.

By the way wish U good luck in u'r paper,wait a minute i thought school is out or maybe u'r is unique.