Sign in to follow this  
Pujah

Prop 8

Pujah   

I know we have some Californians here and am wondering where Maryooley stands on the proposition 8 issue. Are they for or against gay marriage? I know religion wise it's not allowed but do we have the right to define who people can cannot marry? I always thought we have individual rights to do as we wish and deal with the consequences in our afterlife.

Anyway it's interesting that according to most polls African Americans are against it 3 to 1 and because of the historic nature of this election if Prop 8 becomes law it will probably be because of it's huge support among blacks.

ElPunto   

I don't see how you can support something that is specifically prohibited. You don't have a right to do as you wish - you have a choice for which you must bear the consequences good or bad.

So what's the prediction on Barry O's electoral college tally? You guys must be taking bets on it.

Pujah   

^^I don't think I support it at all - I mean I don't have to make that decision as I live no where near California but find it interesting people who were discriminated against before are the most ardent supporters of taking other peoples rights.

btw Obama will win in a landslide close to 400 EV

ElPunto   

^400? Ok you must be fantasizing! If he sweeps east coast minus Georgia and takes Colorado and Nevada will be impressive.

Yeah - but this discrimination is different - it's sanctioned by God - can't really argue with that line of thinking.

money   

I live in Cali and most Somalis are against it ( meaning they are for Prop 8). However people are all confused and would end voting NO on Prop 8. I saw people saying they would vote no on Prop 8 thinking that is what they should do to say no to gay marriage. Prop 8 is confusing as hell. It is intended to change the California constitution to end same-sex marriage... right? people think it's the other way. most Somalis as Muslims are for prop 8 and against gay marriage. But are as confused as hell like all others.

I think in the last election we had to vote on something like this and I voted against gay marriage...Because marriage is between a woman and man...Period

I am also against same-sex benefits which some government's employ at some states.

Khayr   

Is that why Sean Penn is coming out with the Pro-Gay movie (I think its due out in Nov.) in which the state of California made it legal to be homosexual and engage in a homosexual lifestyle.

Emperor   

Why do the Somali community need to raise their voice or even vote on this issue puzzles me. Waxaa layiri "Findicil Ma xalaal baa mase waa Xaaraan, sheegsheegiisaa kadaran"

This comes my point, we Somalis are Muslim and as such are against the essential notion of one being Gay, be it single or married. Hence, what is the point of talking about Gay Marriage let alone voting for or against the issue.

I am against all forms of Gays, be it single, married or if they want to stay/die together forever, they can all rot in hell for all I care...