Sign in to follow this  
Mowgli

Youth electrocuted on Tube track

Mowgli   

Samir iyo imaan to the family of Shakir ( sharky as he was known to most). May Allah swt grant him janatul firdos

Youth electrocuted on Tube track

A Tube train was delayed for 85 minutes while tracks were searched. Tube passengers and staff watched in horror as a 14-year-old boy was electrocuted after climbing onto Tube rail tracks.

The incident happened at about 2215 BST at Ealing Broadway station in west London on Thursday night.

Two youths were seen getting onto the District Line track and one is thought to have slipped and come into contact with the traction current rail.

A London Underground spokesman said the boy's death was "a tragic accident".

'Deeply saddened'

The boy's companion left the station via the track.

A westbound District Line train carrying 52 passengers was delayed for 85 minutes while tracks were searched for the missing teenager.

Witnesses who saw the boy's death were being interviewed by police.

The LU spokesman said: "This is a tragic accident and our first thoughts are with the youth's family. We are deeply saddened that someone so young has lost their life in this way.

The spokesman said a police investigation was under way to determine the circumstances of the accident.

The youth was thought to be part of a group of six teenagers seen at the station. CCTV footage at the station is being examined.

BBC

Nura   

Samir iyo imaan to the family of Shakir ( sharky as he was known to most). May Allah swt grant him janatul firdos

ameen

allah u naxriisto

i heard about this yesterday..its shocking especially when things like this happen right outside your doorstep...it really brings it home how precious life is and how nothing is granteed regardless of how old or young you are.

i would like to know though...is it true that he was with his brother, it was pretty late into the night and the group were messing about on the tracks?

Mowgli   

i heard about this yesterday..its shocking especially when things like this happen right outside your doorstep...it really brings it home how precious life is and how nothing is granteed regardless of how old or young you are.

i would like to know though...is it true that he was with his brother, it was pretty late into the night and the group were messing about on the tracks?

I don't know the full details, apart from the fact that they were running from the ticket inspector and when Shakir attempted to jump onto the tracks, he tripped and landed on the live wire. Samir iyo iman to his family again...his funeral is taking place today

ElPunto   

^I truly do sympathise with his family - but I'm also left wondering at the ********* and recklessness of some ppl