Sign in to follow this  
Hibo

Will the educated Somalis .......

Baluug   

Ah, the memories....Only 2 left out of them are Libaax and Ahura....."lol" is dearly departed from SOL, and the other people I've never heard of. This topic was started in 2001. I wasn't even a Muslim yet!! I'm getting old......

Miriam1   

^ Make that 3, Dont post much anymore. But I did first go with the name Isra..somehwere along the way I lost my password lol and Jawahiir came to exisit.

Gosh, was a I so naive, 2001!..5yrs on this site. I should salvage each post, would be a great look at how I have changed. From a FOB to a umm..well thats in the works right now. lol

G'day.

Originally posted by Ahura
:

If I don't go back home, who is gonna sort out Somalia's economy, eh?.....who is gonna tax qaadka iyo sigaarka, eh?....who is going to negotiate favourable terms of trade 4 our fine cattle, eh?....who is gonna sort out our currency? BARWAAQO the economist...thats who! (Insha Allah)

Taxing qaadka iyo sigaarka..lol..what a dream. Those were the days! Do you remember them Blessed? Reality definitely gives one hell of a b!tch slap! :D

Jokes aside, I always felt I would go back home because I wanted to spend a significant period of time working there. I can't pinpoint the exact moment that notion fizzled out permanently, but it did. Maybe it was as I was watching a video stream of supposed MPs beating each other with sticks in Kenya early last year. redface.gif

Originally posted by Alle-ubaahne
:

this person Ahura preaches something different than what she used to say in those days. There is nothing worse than having views that are subject to time. Well, that could be a human weakness.
I don't know........

Indeed. I find that you rarely know much. I'm sure I can think of several worse things than 'having views that are subject to time' without trying, not least the inability to learn, change and grow. :rolleyes:

Jawaahir, I had no idea you were Isra previously. Good to know that some of the old folks are still floating around, albeit in different clothes. :cool:

Baluug   

Originally posted by Ahura:

Jokes aside, I always felt I would go back home because I wanted to spend a significant period of time working there. I can't pinpoint the exact moment that notion fizzled out permanently, but it did. Maybe it was as I was watching a video stream of supposed
beating each other with sticks in Kenya early last year.
redface.gif

I'll still keep the hope alive of going there one day insha Allah.....Maybe that's because I've never been there, and I haven't had to deal with this for 16 years and counting................

Baluug   

Originally posted by A+:

All i need is mcdonalds and kfc in my area and i am back.

LOL I thought this was funny......Now I know what I can do if I ever go to Somali.....I'll open a halal McDonald's!!! Nah, actually, I like KFC more..........